The Betting Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Betting Thread

Won a nice little bit on a horse called Thunder Buddy today.

Proof if any were needed that form and knowledge is crap and just pick a horse that has your sons name.
Thing is Deano the form is only one factor in a number of others ie the distance,the ground,the likely pace of the race,the difference of one course to another just to mention a few then if your lucky enough to conquer all these you have to hope the well being of the horse is correct it's an absolute minefield.

i'm Wiser Now last race Wetherby was all the talk in the weighing room before Daario's race at Southwell and finished third although it looks like Daario let the form down last time it's only because he wasn't ready for the step up in distance in such a hot race so lets see what happens it will certainly be my first bet of the week.

Thing is Deano the form is only one factor in a number of others ie the distance,the ground,the likely pace of the race,the difference of one course to another just to mention a few then if your lucky enough to conquer all these you have to hope the well being of the horse is correct it's an absolute minefield.

I know mate I was only joking. To be fair Thunder Buddy, while having a cool name, was also the favourite so likely to win. Nice at 9/2 though.

I know mate I was only joking. To be fair Thunder Buddy, while having a cool name, was also the favourite so likely to win. Nice at 9/2 though.
Have gone on names myself mate and won and yeah lovely price I'm way off the pace with the form since iv'e started my own business before it was all i did for eight years watch bet and study races now I'm far too busy had £100 EW on I'm Wiser Now today at 14's so a nice little profit there.

I have got an 8 match accumulator running. First 6 already won yesterday. the last 2, Chelsea to beat Fulham and Liverpool to beat Everton. Should I let it run or cash out now?????

I have got an 8 match accumulator running. First 6 already won yesterday. the last 2, Chelsea to beat Fulham and Liverpool to beat Everton. Should I let it run or cash out now?????

Tough call!! Chelsea should be nailed on - Fulham are shocking, but Liv/Ev may be a very close call.

Tough call!! Chelsea should be nailed on - Fulham are shocking, but Liv/Ev may be a very close call.
Yes derbies can always go wrong. Not a fortune at stake. I just have £1 roll up each Sat. Just under a tenner if I cash out, £24 if I let it run and win.

Reminds me of the woman sitting next to me at the Forest home game. She backed Villa to win when we were 2 nil down and when we went 5-4 up she asked (not sure why) if she should cash out or back the 6-4 . I said back the 6-4!!!!!

7 out of 8 in the bag. Cash out now £14.40. Do I get greedy and bank on Liverpool or take my £13.40 profit.

I'm off to Cheltenham next week.

First time at the Cheltenham festival (2nd time at Cheltenham race course as I went on New Years Day too).

Really looking forward to it, and tend to usually end up in profit betting on the Cheltenham Festival. Seems to be a bit of a favourites hunting ground,

Any tips would be welcome..... as long as they are winning ones. lol

I'll try and keep you posted - we have some of the owners and jockeys and a lot of the racegoers come to the restaurant during the week (many of them stay in Stratford for some weird reason) and we get decent tips off them.

There is also an Irish day at Stratford races next Monday which a lot of them go to, so they'll be pitching up from Sunday onwards.

If I hear anything interesting, I will put it in here!

I'm off to Cheltenham next week.

First time at the Cheltenham festival (2nd time at Cheltenham race course as I went on New Years Day too).

Really looking forward to it, and tend to usually end up in profit betting on the Cheltenham Festival. Seems to be a bit of a favourites hunting ground,

I have forgotten the name of the horse but Ian Williams who trains at Alvechurch has a runner in the Pertemps Final , and apparently his stable staff have been going all over Birmingham backing it. I will message him for the name.

My horse is running today in the 1st at Ludlow in which he's up against an odds fav from Hendersons yard.However for me his form is no better than my boys and in fact a little inferior to me. Personally I think we have a great chance so does the trainer and Lee the jockey is really sweet on him and told me he worked him on Saturday and he was in great order. Obviously Hendersons horses can improve greatly from run to run but he's gonna need to.