The best title winning team in the history of the Premier League | Page 2 | Vital Football

The best title winning team in the history of the Premier League

3rd is pretty impressive - I mean obviously we are the best team ever etc but winning a treble of EC, PL and FAC is - and I hate to say it, rather enviable.

My only problem with a side being called the Invincibles is that you could of course draw every game and get relegated on 38 points - whereas if you get 100 points you're pretty much guaranteed top one in the table.

3rd is pretty impressive - I mean obviously we are the best team ever etc but winning a treble of EC, PL and FAC is - and I hate to say it, rather enviable.

My only problem with a side being called the Invincibles is that you could of course draw every game and get relegated on 38 points - whereas if you get 100 points you're pretty much guaranteed top one in the table.

Utd had the pick of players in those days, no one complained that it was unfair, the outbid everyone and bullied clubs into selling their best players, they had the best youth players.

We built the Centurions despite the obstacles placed in our path

Utd had the pick of players in those days, no one complained that it was unfair, the outbid everyone and bullied clubs into selling their best players, they had the best youth players.

I have have pointed this out to many rags in the past and they refuse to acknowledge the fact.

They only won the league by 1 pt, only won 22 games drew13, lost 3 scored 80 conceded 38 total 79 pts

Apart from beating Forest 8-1 that and the biggest attendance is the only records they held.

^ So not even the recentcy effect helped us much, just too many Rags voted. Would like a panel of sports journos to have a separate vote to compare.