The best title winning team in the history of the Premier League | Vital Football

The best title winning team in the history of the Premier League

I sometimes wonder how our centurions would get on against the midfield of Beckham, Keane, Scholes and Giggs. Obviously not now because they are all fat and shit but y'know, on a level playing surface ie not Yeovil.

I sometimes wonder how our centurions would get on against the midfield of Beckham, Keane, Scholes and Giggs. Obviously not now because they are all fat and shit but y'know, on a level playing surface ie not Yeovil.

A fair point.
Also the two respective managers on the touchline with their teams.
Think that's been tried. I wonder how it went? :hmmm:

No doubt. They have to live in the past because their future looks bleak.

I thought that too but you have to be in it to win so I thought I would spread the word.

One of the best it’s of the Amazon Prime series was VK, when asked by his father in law whatthe the badge on his rag shirt said (it was commemorating their treble), Vinnie said “Living in the past” :rofl:

I skimmed through the BBC Premier League Show broadcast last night featuring Ian Wright, Wes Brown, Chris Sutton and the journalist Miguel Delaney.

Their consensus was the treble winning rag team of 98/99. I suspect this will win the vote as well when it is revealed on Saturday’s MotD.

Chris Sutton stuck up for City when comments were made that Guardiola’s team didn’t really have any serious opposition.......he consistently pointed out that they delivered week in week out when they had surged ahead, not taking their foot off the gas and the lack of a direct head-to-head opponent was hardly their fault.

How many City players would get into the rag treble winning side - Aguero up front instead of Yorke and maybe VK4 (for Johnson) and possibly Walker for Neville and that's about it.

How many City players would get into the rag treble winning side - Aguero up front instead of Yorke and maybe VK4 (for Johnson) and possibly Walker for Neville and that's about it.

DeBruyne for Beckham.

Blomqvist was a regular in that side too, Sterling and Sane are better.

Flip that, how many of that utd side would get into City's XI now?

When you take into account formation and style there's very few from utd would get into Guardiola's team.

And the same probably applies vice versa.

Last edited:

Keane good player that he was would not survive with his type of football these days. Yaya is a better player, I am sure if you analysed the group of both teams take into account that Utd in those days outspent most teams and grabbed all the best players, which is far from the case these days

Can't they see the flaw in their logic? If the United '99 team was as good as this City side then they wouldn't have had any serious opposition either.

It was the journalist who made this point.

It did actually cause me to laugh out loud whilst simultaneously rolling my eyes :rofl: :rolleyes:

Final Results

Man Utd 1993-94 - Cantona inspires back-to-back titles2%

Arsenal 1997-98 - Double winners2%

Man Utd 1998-99 - Treble winners30%

Arsenal 2003-04 - The Invincibles29%

Chelsea 2004-05 - Mourinho's first Premier League title5%

Man Utd 2007-08 - Ronaldo inspires Premier League & Champions League triumphs11%

Chelsea 2009-10 - Ancelotti's side win Double and score record 103 Premier League goals3%

Man City 2017-18 - Guardiola's team win title with record 100 points15%

Other3%

luckily there was more that one Rag entry or it would have been a runaway for the treble winners, we came a creditable 3rd with the overloaded number of rag and Arsenal fans.