The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

Under no circumstances should we be getting rid of this guy, he has quality and his output hasn't been bad. Definitely questionable about him being a guaranteed starter next season but I think he'd be a hell of an option in rotation and off the bench.

Tend to agree. He needs to be shaped and have his game focused. At the moment he's a bit erratic but there is something there. He's already got his head down better than some of the dross we've had in and out of the door over the last 10 years.

I’m not the biggest fan on Bert overall, his 1 good game in 5 ratio is no where near good enough at the moment. He’s a wonderful technician though, he’s the first player you’d pick on a 5 a side pitch with those feet.

He was playing higher and narrower versus Everton and getting into the spaces between the full back and centre back, rather than 20 yards away reverting to a flat 4-5-1 effectively which is how some games have panned out.

Promising performance, as always with Bert I think you need to judge him over a longer period as you can easily yo-yo between “shit” and “quality” on individual games which I’ve maybe been guilty of.

He’s another player we need to play to his strengths, and if a game doesn’t suit him such as Citeh, we should just bench him. I don’t think he’s be that bothered if it was tactical, because tactically he is one dimensional.

I’m not the biggest fan on Bert overall, his 1 good game in 5 ratio is no where near good enough at the moment. He’s a wonderful technician though, he’s the first player you’d pick on a 5 a side pitch with those feet.

He was playing higher and narrower versus Everton and getting into the spaces between the full back and centre back, rather than 20 yards away reverting to a flat 4-5-1 effectively which is how some games have panned out.

Promising performance, as always with Bert I think you need to judge him over a longer period as you can easily yo-yo between “shit” and “quality” on individual games which I’ve maybe been guilty of.

He’s another player we need to play to his strengths, and if a game doesn’t suit him such as Citeh, we should just bench him. I don’t think he’s be that bothered if it was tactical, because tactically he is one dimensional.
Biggest problem he is totally left footed, and defenders know that.
He is not however good enough with his left foot to be able to be selected on the basis of that not being a problem.

When he pulls blinding pieces of skill like those on Saturday he’s a must have, if only to bring him on from the bench against a tiring defence. To use him as a regular starter I think you need somebody in midfield who can drop in and cover the spaces he leaves when he doesn’t drop back.

He scored an incredible goal and won the penalty yesterday to win us the match and not a peep in his thread?
He must be pretty pleased with himself putting one over the Chelski 'machine' that sucks in so many players and then spits them out as being no good after a few years.
Now Bert, please go on to emulate Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne, and really ram down their throats what a good player you are.😉🙂

Not sure he'll ever become a consistent player but he's always a danger man so certainly worth sticking with. I still think we need at least 1 top quality winger in the summer, maybe only 1 depending on where we're going play Jack but Traore and El Ghazi are good options from the bench.

He's got that ability to glide past players in 1v1 situations and do the unpredictable to create a bit of space for himself. He also seems to be an unselfish player. If he can produce a more consistent end product and show some greater levels of defensive responsibility when needed then we'll have quite a player on our hands.