The Berge effect | Vital Football

The Berge effect

tomytony

Vital Champions League
24 games 16 defeats 3 draws 5 wins

Root cause? Victim of circumstance? Good buy? Goodbye?

Commited , skilful game influencer?

CBA expensive mistake?

Last edited:
24 games 16 defeats 3 draws 5 wins

Root cause? Victim of circumstance? Good buy? Goodbye?

Commited , skilful game influencer?

CBA expensive mistake?
to slow in transitional play ,heart of a mouse to nice lovely lad, he,ll be great int champ. as it is he slows us down with horrifying ease. waste of money for us in this league there was better about for less

Good player, wrong team, hard league, unfortunate circumstances, one particular brat of a team mate who couldn't handle being on less money than him and kicking up a stink as a result.

He'll be gone for at least what we paid and will have a good career, far beyond any of the rest of the squad.

For our purposes, we'd have been much better off getting that Tameze who we were initially linked with in January.

Needs a season to make the transition to the Prem - not up to it at the moment. He shouldn't get in our team but we have no option as so weak in central midfield. Seems to have stopped giving 100% recently - looking elsewhere??

Good player, wrong team, hard league, unfortunate circumstances, one particular brat of a team mate who couldn't handle being on less money than him and kicking up a stink as a result.

He'll be gone for at least what we paid and will have a good career, far beyond any of the rest of the squad.

For our purposes, we'd have been much better off getting that Tameze who we were initially linked with in January.

I wish we had signed Besic, would have been good for us this season, not sure if that was another CW fallout or not. Twirls any info on this. Berge will go to a team where he does not need to get a foot in and do well.

Berge is probably a good player but we.are not seeing the best of him because he appears to be a give and run player but there is no one around him with same skills or thought so perhaps not a good buy for us.

Sander's probably been our best player for most of this season in my opinion but like all our boys he's suffering from a lack of confidence and only having one point this season it really isn't a surprise that they're lacking in confidence is it.I'm hoping something turns good for us against Manure on thursday it's mi eldest son's 39th birthday and it's also our Gertie's birthday on friday.Come on you Red&White Wizzards UTMPB

Needs a season to make the transition to the Prem - not up to it at the moment. He shouldn't get in our team but we have no option as so weak in central midfield. Seems to have stopped giving 100% recently - looking elsewhere??

No-one is giving 100%, but thats all we ever had with our 'band of brothers', to out work the opposition. That was okay coming up the leagues with crates of beer on the coach. but at the top table, thats not enough. We used to stick 11 soldiers on the field, but when you have to incorporate the artists and craftsmen, then its a different proposition and we simply havent adapted.

I'm afraid the magic is gone. It was great for a while, but we need more than shuffling a few players to see who can fit in the 'Golden' system. The system is bust and Wilder has to think beyond it..

Sander's probably been our best player for most of this season in my opinion but like all our boys he's suffering from a lack of confidence and only having one point this season it really isn't a surprise that they're lacking in confidence is it.I'm hoping something turns good for us against Manure on thursday it's mi eldest son's 39th birthday and it's also our Gertie's birthday on friday.Come on you Red&White Wizzards UTMPB
Don't rely too much on the birthday turn round Rod. It was mine yesterday and I thought today would be the day:(

The togetherness seems to have gone, whether that's because of lockdown or perhaps a fallout behind the scenes, I don't know, but until, they can shake themselves down and somehow get a result I'm afraid I see very little changing, the gulf in class/commitment from last season, for the most part, is staggering. I don't see any change in formation making one iota of difference either.

Impossible TT.
To make it worse Chips my brother and wife came over from Sheffield on a vey quick Christmas present run and I missed our (relatively) good spell at the start of the second half- and they weren't here for more than 5 minutes:eek:

To make it worse Chips my brother and wife came over from Sheffield on a vey quick Christmas present run and I missed our (relatively) good spell at the start of the second half- and they weren't here for more than 5 minutes:eek:
Sorry they missed the run of 4/5 passes. At the time I did persuade myself that we were still in the game. But I do that every match TT,