The beer thread | Vital Football

The beer thread

tarzan

Vital Football Hero
Living in Belgium and having probably the largest choice in the world. I'm interested in your favourite beer, mine is Leffe blonde - served in the appropriate glass of course.

Being a Real Ale enthusiast, I find there are so many, I can't name just one favourite. But some of my all time favourites would be;

Old Thumper - Ringwood Brewery
Fallen Angel - Church End
Old Peculiar - Theakstons
Cornish Knocker - Skinners

And oh so many more.........

Ma Pardoes original, entire, bumblehole and dark swan
Bathams Bitter and mild

All within a very close proximity

tarzan - 9/12/2013 20:55

Have you tried Rochefort 10? I drank the sediment once.

Yes, I have that too but I think I prefer the 8 for some reason.

I'll give St Feullien a try when I next order.

tarzan - 9/12/2013 19:56

Living in Belgium and having probably the largest choice in the world. I'm interested in your favourite beer, mine is Leffe blonde - served in the appropriate glass of course.

Guinness (I know its a Stout) is probably my favourite stuff cant wait to have some when I get back to Ireland...

But Iv taken a big shine to the American craft beers Brooklyn IPA is excellent there are quite a few nice ones around I must say...

Been trying to open up a few of my English pals to IPAs etc. but the guys are in love with Stella...

I live just down the road from the massive stella brewery in Leuven, lovely city. The smell in the city reminds me of walking to Villa park back in the good old days. No one seems to drink Stella over here, just Jupiler, sponsors of the Belgian footie team.

John Smiths and Guinness on the rare occasion I drink. I've been known to have a Timothy Taylors Landlord too.