the bbc again!! | Vital Football

the bbc again!!

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
How typical of the bloated Beeb that while the rest of the country faces austerity, the gravy train rolls on unhindered.

The wastefulness is mind-blowing. A recent Freedom of Information request revealed the Corporation spent £30,000 a week on travel costs after the relocation of Radio 5 Live, BBC Sport, Breakfast TV, plus the Children's and Learning departments, to the MediaCity complex, which is also home to other northern-based broadcasters such as Granada TV.

One unnamed BBC executive charged £785 for a single rail trip to the capital, and another made three return trips from London to the new northern HQ in a week, racking up fares of £584.

The grotesque waste of money was starkly illustrated by one London-based regular 5 Live freelance contributor who told me he used to take a short Tube ride to the station's old base in White City, West London.

Now, however, the BBC buys him a round-trip train ticket, which can cost up to £308, to Manchester's Piccadilly station. At the other end, a car takes him to Salford, ten minutes away.

Then, after his brief 45-minute stint on air, the same car — which waits outside — ferries him back to the station for the two-hour train trip home. This whole charade takes more than six hours.

'I could easily go to Broadcasting House in Central London and speak to the studio in Salford from a booth there, and the audience would be none the wiser,' he told me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325212/BBC-black-hole-Salford-swallows-cash--15k-Gary-Linekers-taxis-talent-commuting-jet.html#ixzz2TRzzGGud

dont forget this is an organisation which is funded both by the tax payer and through the licence fee, which thinks nothing of sending people around to the peoples housing demanding they pay and access into property with out the backing of the law.

sorry time for it to go im afraid.

Yep, been reading that this morning, scandalous, and, in part, all down to Labour's insistence that they move there.

The bottom line is that if they are any good at making quality shows and broadcasts, they can be self funding.

If they are not commercially viable based on the quality of what they produce, then they represent poor value for the license payers and are effectively a waste of tax-payers money.

British Bullshitting Corporation

A world renowned beacon of honesty :3: :19: Integrity :59: and no sorry, enough is enough, bunch of self serving, parasitic bureaucrats.

I blame no individual party, because there lies the problem, people are that busy blaming different tentacles of the same beast, that they forget that all the tentacles are connected to one brain, the corporation that is the UK Gov controls it's subsidiary the BBC, the UK Gov does not change, the policies and goals remain the same no matter what party puppet they decide to put in the hot seat, but at least having a public vote :59: gives the majority some illusion of power.

Smoke and mirrors.

Divide and conquer.

What if they are saving more than £30,000 per week in costs such as Rates, salaries and Rent? Then the net result would still be beneficial.

From what I've seen, the move is saving around £700m per annum for them, so that would seem to be the case.

Typical Daily Fail hype again.

You ruin these threads with facts Heath and sorry, if you are accusing the daily mail of not checking their facts, I find that too far fetched! :2: :17:

Must admit, I'd rather adverts and no license fee, I object to it, I pay enough for TV but I pay for what I choose to use!

Jonah - 16/5/2013 16:46

Yep, been reading that this morning, scandalous, and, in part, all down to Labour's insistence that they move there.

Don't bring Labour into it, pleaseeeee......

You'll have our resident crazy gang getting upset again..............

:190:

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 16/5/2013 15:47

What if they are saving more than £30,000 per week in costs such as Rates, salaries and Rent? Then the net result would still be beneficial.

From what I've seen, the move is saving around £700m per annum for them, so that would seem to be the case.

really so all that is complete rubbish and no money is being wasted :69:

BBC is already a commercial company, otherwise why don't we get the magazines, the toys, the DVD's etc etc for free given we fund them to exist to begin with.

The BBC is a soft target for politicians looking to deflect from their own fraud, reckless spending and negligence in tax collection.

I'll leave the right and wrongs of the BBC to those who have to pay the licence fee but of Britain's problems, it is surely one of the least significant.

BodyButter - 16/5/2013 19:08

The BBC is a soft target for politicians looking to deflect from their own fraud, reckless spending and negligence in tax collection.

I'll leave the right and wrongs of the BBC to those who have to pay the licence fee but of Britain's problems, it is surely one of the least significant.

depends on how you look at it, as the way i do is its a case of the general public being held over a barrel, if they dont pay the fee (it dont matter if your rich or poor, working, disabled etc) then you could be sent to prison, even though you might not watch the channel and we the public just let it happen as per normal, at times i suspect we deserve what we get off those at the top.

The organisation certainly has its problems, but the BBC is the most fantastic bargain that no other media outlet can begin to match. The output of Radio 4 alone is worth the license fee. Which is the reason why Murdoch and similar evil, venal, corrupt gangsters have spent their lives trying to destroy it.

If the BBC ceased to exist, within a year you Daily Mail Murdoch ass-kissing muppets will be crying in your watery beer. As Cinderella put it, don't know what you got 'til its gone.

badge73 - 16/5/2013 18:50

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 16/5/2013 15:47

really so all that is complete rubbish and no money is being wasted :69:

Spending £1.5m a year to save £700m? What is wasteful about that?