The Barrow Draw | Vital Football

The Barrow Draw

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Having watched the highlights I got the impression that Pools gave as good as they got and on another day would have won. The Barrow first goal was an absolute disgrace.... how Killip can consider himself a professional goalkeeper is beyond my comprehension. This clown has cost us far too many points this season. Granted he makes spectacular saves (Exeter away) but he lets in too many straightforward shots and he makes too many howlers. We need to sign a loan keeper who may not be a genius but who can be relied upon not to give the opposition soft goals.

The first goal was a howler but to be fair to the lad he has also pulled off a lot of great saves. a few bordering on world class in other games. Best not to destroy the lads confidence Whats done is done and encourage him to put in a world class performance against Harrogate. I am confident the kid will play the game of his life on Wednesday.

Great performance from the lads on Saturday. We need a repeat of that performance and more. No slacking, 100% focus and concentration and a unquestionable belief that we are unbeatable. We need to start quickly, getting in to their faces, and not letting them settle. We must be first to every ball and chase all lost causes. If we lose the ball we need to be at them like tigers. We must be on the front foot from the off and play quick forward passing. Once we get to the box we should have a shoot on sight policy, no fear just go for it. Make sure there are lots of players in the area in case the keeper spills. The same for free kicks and corners have the numbers in the area dont be reticent. Confidence breads confidence, believe in yourselves.! Give the crowd something to shout about and we will take the roof off. Ive seen Harrogate many times and they are beatable but we must remain on the front foot at all times and smother the life out of them. The defence must defend like tigers nothing is going to get passed us. Never doubt your ability each and all of you are going to play the game of your life tomorrow. I have written your script so go out and do it!

The first goal was a howler but to be fair to the lad he has also pulled off a lot of great saves. a few bordering on world class in other games. Best not to destroy the lads confidence Whats done is done and encourage him to put in a world class performance against Harrogate. I am confident the kid will play the game of his life on Wednesday.

Not planning on destroying Killip's confidence and wont happen unless he happens to read this which I suspect is highly unlikely. On the other hand,3000 Poolies covering their eyes whenever the ball goes near Pools goal might not help. He is not good enough and needs to be replaced and judging by Challinor's comments about "competition" being needed in the goalkeeping department, he realizes this as well. I reckon his days are numbered.

Great performance from the lads on Saturday. We need a repeat of that performance and more. No slacking, 100% focus and concentration and a unquestionable belief that we are unbeatable. We need to start quickly, getting in to their faces, and not letting them settle. We must be first to every ball and chase all lost causes. If we lose the ball we need to be at them like tigers. We must be on the front foot from the off and play quick forward passing. Once we get to the box we should have a shoot on sight policy, no fear just go for it. Make sure there are lots of players in the area in case the keeper spills. The same for free kicks and corners have the numbers in the area dont be reticent. Confidence breads confidence, believe in yourselves.! Give the crowd something to shout about and we will take the roof off. Ive seen Harrogate many times and they are beatable but we must remain on the front foot at all times and smother the life out of them. The defence must defend like tigers nothing is going to get passed us. Never doubt your ability each and all of you are going to play the game of your life tomorrow. I have written your script so go out and do it!
If Pools play as you describe, I predict a comfortable win. The reality might be different. Harrogate are playing very well at the moment and their confidence will be high.

Happy new year to all and here’s to a win today. I’ll be there today, first time since October so we’ll win. They will be complacent we’ll be better even with my least favourite player on the pitch 😒.

or they’ll whack us 4-1 for the second time inside a week 😫

We need to start putting something together here, possibly by firstly removing weak links!

:red:

I see Killip is dropped and the Boro youngster Beeney is in goal. Molyneux is on the bench. I love Dave Challinor! Not saying we will win but he is showing himself to be a manager unafraid to take tough decisions. Fingers crossed.

I see Killip is dropped and the Boro youngster Beeney is in goal. Molyneux is on the bench. I love Dave Challinor! Not saying we will win but he is showing himself to be a manager unafraid to take tough decisions. Fingers crossed.
Beeney has nowt to do with Boro. He was a Chelsea youngster and has played for Newport, Crawley and Sligo. I am not sure if he is our player or on loan. Anyway, fingers crossed he plays well.

If Pools play as you describe, I predict a comfortable win. The reality might be different. Harrogate are playing very well at the moment and their confidence will be high.
Well so much for me trying to be positive and hoping that the lads might be inspired!!! The performance was dire. We didn't play on the front foot at all, looked bereft of ideas, no creativity, ball was in the air too much, no ideas when we got in to the box and never looked at any time we could score. I hate to say it but we looked disinterested. I just do not get it the contrast in styles from week to week and guess nor does the manager. if we play like that against Oxford its going to be 8-0 to them. it was that bad. Harrogate where not much better but did not need to be. i was still hopeful of promotion but to be honest that performance was like a side that is staring at relegation and at the end of the match where booed off.

It's good to be positive and much can be achieved by just having a positive attitude. Regrettably, Pools players don't possess any degree of positivity.
Generally, in yesterday's game we were
competitive in defence and in midfield but in the final third there was no spark or conviction. Which was essentially the difference in the two sides Harrogate had forwards who pressed and competed Pools didn't! Pools won numerous corners but ,as has been the case for several seasons, there is no threat when delivered into the penalty area.
We need a bustling centre forward and soon, or we'll be dragged into the relegation battle.

It's good to be positive and much can be achieved by just having a positive attitude. Regrettably, Pools players don't possess any degree of positivity.
Generally, in yesterday's game we were
competitive in defence and in midfield but in the final third there was no spark or conviction. Which was essentially the difference in the two sides Harrogate had forwards who pressed and competed Pools didn't! Pools won numerous corners but ,as has been the case for several seasons, there is no threat when delivered into the penalty area.
We need a bustling centre forward and soon, or we'll be dragged into the relegation battle.
I can't argue with you there. Maybe tomorrow away from the high expectation of our home fans the lads might rediscover that positive momentum that had a few weeks ago and cause another shock