The bad feelings this season. | Vital Football

The bad feelings this season.

Matic

Alert Team
We won today, which is obviously great, but I am really struggling to enjoy watching Spurs this season. There is just not a good feeling around the club which is insane when you consider how good our start has actually been. It really does feel like our opportunity has come and gone and all we're waiting for now is for the big-money teams to pick our team apart like vultures?

Am I alone in these thoughts?

We won today, which is obviously great, but I am really struggling to enjoy watching Spurs this season. There is just not a good feeling around the club which is insane when you consider how good our start has actually been. It really does feel like our opportunity has come and gone and all we're waiting for now is for the big-money teams to pick our team apart like vultures?

Am I alone in these thoughts?

Good job Lamela and Moura are performing for us. Kane is struggling a little . Eriksen and Alli overcoming injuries, Vert and Rose out. I wouldn't worry too much . There are some positives including Winks back and Foyth starting his development. It could go either way but to be in 4th place with all our troubles is encouraging.

This is what is so strange for me. 3pts off 1st spot yet everything feels very down-hearted and like everything could fall apart at any moment. There's also this thought at the back of the mind about the stadium putting way more financial strain on the club than ever expected, and how that is going to impact the immediate future. It's very concerning.

I think that is down to the fact we can't seem to catch a break Matic, we had to deal with the season starting two weeks after WC final. The amount of injuries and Son being away for Asian cup, the stadium issues. Not bringing anyone in during the summer, despite all that it has been our best start to the season.

...thats because our current style of football and the demeanour of our player translates off the pitch to the supporters ...we do not look happy on the pitch and if you saw that interview at the end of Sky Sports with Loris and Lamela then that says it all....we won yet they were glum, miserable and hardly looked directly at the camera and that is very very strange indeed. Lamela in particular is either very nervous and frightened of the cameras or is seriously depressed. (He looked like a corpse ressurected)

Lamela and the team personify how to be sporadic, the game lasts for 90 minutes we are only good enough for 20. Our results are hiding a mistake-ridden, poor ball retaining team.

I think some of it is down to the other top 6 sides. 2 or 3 years ago, I think we genuinely believed with the momentum we were building, winning the league was a possibility. Pep and his City side have shut that door on teams like us. Then Liverpool spend £200m and we see the resurgence of Arsenal, with Chelsea also looking very capable this season. It would only take 2 or 3 wins from Utd and it would be the first time in a decade that all top 6 teams are firing. You could argue that finishing top 4 under the current circumstances would be our biggest achievement with no investment in new players and injuries and fatigue biting.

Pochettino himself could change the tone. A few smiling happy press conferences with the same excitement about the new stadium that was exhibited 3 months ago would be all it would take.

Pochettino himself could change the tone. A few smiling happy press conferences with the same excitement about the new stadium that was exhibited 3 months ago would be all it would take.

He's the one that started this and dragged us down and through the media cacophony of negativity with his comments - now, oddly, he's done a complete about face!!

I wonder why?

:eek!::grinning:

There is a way to change the narrative and its in Levy's power. Go out and buy a real game breaking player. Convincing a say...Zaha Fekir Ndombele, to force through a move to us would do wonders. Us getting Loris was pivotal to starting the Poch momentum. It sends a signal that others buy into the dream.

Notdembele is my choice as well.

I agree about Poch's general demeanour this season but I still wonder what he was promised by Levy when he signed the new contract and how much that promise/those promises were broken. Poch has nearly always been the perfect employee but he's always been very clear about his ambitions. If he felt from the start of the season that we didn't have a chance to challenge, I can sort of understand why Poch may be feeling negative. Especially when you see the likes of Liverpool, City and Arsenal backing their managers!