The AVFC Foundation & Charity Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The AVFC Foundation & Charity Thread

Finally, after 64 years, I got to play on the hallowed turf of Villa Park last night.
Thanks to everyone at the Aston Villa Foundation for arranging the games.
Made a few old blokes very happy, especially the penalty shooting into the Holte End goal, Rolled mine in the corner past the despairing keeper's dive.

That must have been wonderful. Imagine the buzz of scoring in front of a full Holte End . It couldn't get much better than that.

Finally, after 64 years, I got to play on the hallowed turf of Villa Park last night.
Thanks to everyone at the Aston Villa Foundation for arranging the games.
Made a few old blokes very happy, especially the penalty shooting into the Holte End goal, Rolled mine in the corner past the despairing keeper's dive.

I hope you slid on your knees in front of the Holte twirling your shirt above your head 😁

That must have been wonderful. Imagine the buzz of scoring in front of a full Holte End . It couldn't get much better than that.

Pitch is pretty hard but softer than 4g plastic for sure, fair few games played on it in the last week.
I've never missed a penalty a Villa Park and I've got the mud off my boots in a little plastic bag now :grinning:

Had the absolute pleasure of playing there twice a few years ago.
Managed to lob their keeper from 30 yards (not bad for a centre half!) playing towards the North Stand.

Then the following year I managed to get a tap in in front of The Holte. As Sir Dennis said, imagine scoring in front of a full Holte and them singing your name - makes the spine tingle just imagining that.

Attachments

• 6CEC6F41-0DBF-41E0-BEB6-09FF2540B35A.jpeg
    6CEC6F41-0DBF-41E0-BEB6-09FF2540B35A.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 9