The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

I said in the training kit thread that kits are always subjective. No kit will ever have unanimous approval as people's styles and tastes are different. Can't say I understand anyone saying that by not having blue sleeves it's not a villa kit, it's been done before. I like it and I'll be buying either home or away.

I don't think the designer of the kit has any choice over the badge, that would have to be changed by the club itself unless I'm mistaken.

I don't think the designer of the kit has any choice over the badge, that would have to be changed by the club itself unless I'm mistaken.
I don't like the badge with the shield , the club should review the design, it's not been a particularly lucky badge for us so I'd rethink it

To be honest, I'm only upset we still have the badge as it is. Forever tainted by the failures of the past decade. I know it wasn't up for discussion, but still.

I think we all know how the club could score a quick hit with the fans:

I love that badge it's so simple and classic. Shame they didn't bring it back for this kit but it probably would've cost millions to do.

Very simple reason why the old badge isn't coming back - it's got no copyright so the club have no protection = ££££.

Those shirts are fine, more blue on the sleeves would've been better but hardly a deal breaker.

It cannot be copyrighted again mate. It's protected time is over, it's free game so no wonga for the club. That's why it was changed to begin with - you can only copyright for so long in history and then protection naturally fails.

Grumpy old bastard alert - hate it!!
Claret and red!?!?
Reminds me of the (Henson?) kit we got relegated in under turner/McNeill

The first sign of the rot setting in was the announcement we were having some backstreet design. Were Adidas/Nike etc already aware we were a bad credit risk?

The Henson kit was awful, the worst ever, 0.3 at home to the shit. Dog Ellis finest moment, what a horrible arse hole. If you want dough give back half the 35m you got to help us out you weasel, pay for your free prime parking spot you mouse

It’s not my cup of tea personally, I won’t be buying it - maybe it’ll grow on me.

It was always going to be an edgy design, which it is I’ll give it that. Kit done, onto the other business

It's not an edgy design , Luke has played it boringly safe and still managed to get it wrong . I'd prefer Henson end of wrong than boring wrong.
Anyway , kit is least of our issues in fairness