The Ashley Young Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Ashley Young Thread

When was the last time we re-signed an ex player? I think it makes sense as a squad player, very experienced and can fill in at a few different positions

The last I can remember was Andy Gray.
Bought him from Dundee Utd-£110k
Sold him to Wolves-£2,7million
Bought him from Everton-£270k

Wasn’t totally on board with this one as I didn’t see a starting place for him, but fair play to the lad, he’ll want to push for a start you can bet on that, gives us another option down the left and bring Jack into the middle next to Buendia on the right, with the main focus being down the centre and right, could give Young enough time and slow down the pace enough for him to look decent, an with him playing at lb for inter he’ll be able to properly track back.

Not totally buying him being just a backup to Cash and Targett, he’ll be used as a very versatile player I reckon covering quite a few places.

This must be one of the “smart” buys Deano/Lange was on about.

Welcome back Ashley Young!

I was unsure at first but on reflection, I think it's a no-lose signing and he will bring a presence to the team when he plays and that's a priceless asset.

Welcome back Ash.

I'm thinking like we all are he's coming in as a squad player to cover the lost of Elmo Taylor and the injured Trez. Then I think how many of our first-team squad would get games at Inter Milan. He'll be starting a fair few games ahead of Anwar and Bert and challenging Cash and Targett