The Ashley Young Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Ashley Young Thread

An experienced player at this and international level, he'll be good in the dressing room and unlike Micha Richards, he'll actually play some football as well bonus.
Nobody moaned about him last game either so he must have been ok or better than ok

Say what you like about Ash, but his professionalism and his efforts and work rate if transplanted into the rest of the squad would be worth ten extra points a season without signing any new players.

Say what you like about Ash, but his professionalism and his efforts and work rate if transplanted into the rest of the squad would be worth ten extra points a season without signing any new players.
Not to mention his level of fitness *cough* Ings! *cough*

Also wasn’t he the last man to score a goal in a villa shirt. That header against wolves was superb

I thought he might get another year byt it seems not. It wouldn't surprise me if he was going to be brought into the coaching set up at some level.

If he is off then it's a shame he wasn't able to get a better send off at the end of the season but whatever happens he's had a good career and done a lot for this club. Won the premier league, FA Cup, League Cup, Europa league and Serie A but his best football was with us between 07-10 when I thought he should have been an England regular.

He did OK last season but going forward he doesn't really offer a lot and he will make for a very old and expensive cheerleader if the rationale for keeping him is that he will be a good influence on the younger players.

He did OK. It worked out for a season.... just about. But can't see the point in keeping him next season. Free up some wages and a squad place .

It was a no from me when he arrived last season and I saw nothing from him to make me change my mind. It's a no from me again if he's offered an extension to his playing contract. I get some of the sentimentality towards him certainly for the first three quarters of his previous Villa career, but if we're serious about making real progress we need to be doing better than young. I'd be very surprised if any team in the top 17 of the pl last season went for him if released, and I certainly can't see any of top 10 being interested, where we're hoping to aspire to.