The Ashes Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Ashes Thread

i can, and texted the information to a mutual friend of kefkats and me :5:

and dont have to be a cricketing genius to work out the conditions ... its called the weather forecast :2:

pitch should not be much of a factor when you way up an over cast, muggy conditions and for only one day in the five, alarm bells should of been ringing, and the way england are bowling now, proves my point.

Just seen the replay, smashed that one. 3 for 22

Doesn't get any better than that!

End of day summary

England looked like they ballsed up

Luckily Australia have ballsed up more

Verdict

What the hell is the groundsman playing out - 14 wickets on the first day on an Ashes series for less than 270 runs is very poor.

holtelower - 10/7/2013 18:45

End of day summary

Verdict

What the hell is the groundsman playing out - 14 wickets on the first day on an Ashes series for less than 270 runs is very poor.

Nothing to do with the pitch , more the overhead conditions.

Think a good few of these won't go to a fifth day.

Was a fascinating days play, especially when we were skittled out to see if it was bad batting or there was give in the pitch or as you say sirdennis, the conditions and if they would lead to swing or whatever.

Enjoyed it!

As the commentators said, who all thought it was right to bat first, there were a lot of nervous strokes today.

Shows how big an event it is when there are as many nerves about as there seemed to be today.

Going to be a fascinating day tomorrow , not as much cloud cover forecast so that could favour the batters.

We got the important wicket of Clarke so hopefully the weather won't make a great deal of difference now.

sirdennis - 10/7/2013 19:40

holtelower - 10/7/2013 18:45

End of day summary

Verdict

Nothing to do with the pitch , more the overhead conditions.

:14: