The Ashes Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Ashes Thread

We can't win the toss, I'm pretty sure Michael Clarke gets the call in all the tests. People are forgetting that our attack is alot stronger than theirs. Their batting is average. They have three who are decent Watson, Rogers and Clarke. Nick them three off job done. 300 for dig will be enough

davem - 10/7/2013 16:08

We can't win the toss, I'm pretty sure Michael Clarke gets the call in all the tests. People are forgetting that our attack is alot stronger than theirs. Their batting is average. They have three who are decent Watson, Rogers and Clarke. Nick them three off job done. 300 for dig will be enough

We won the toss and Cook elected to bat.

This pitch is going to cut up, our bowlers will have their fun I think.

Siddell's day though.

Hope so, would like to get the first one under our belts then put the Aussies under pressure for the rest of the series.

astonion - 10/7/2013 16:12

davem - 10/7/2013 16:08

We won the toss and Cook elected to bat.

Technically Clarke lost the toss as the visiting captain always gets to call.

Sloppy. Sad to see such a quick collapse, thought we had a bit more about us than that now.

However, plenty to go at, lets hope we skittle a few out tonight!

It said on the sky sports scorecard earlier

England toss

I thought it was saying they had won the toss, not a comment on how they would play! :3:

badge73 - 10/7/2013 16:55

should of bowled first, hardly rocket science, muggy and over cast.

But they think the pitch is going to cut up so today was a good chance to put runs on the board. Sadly some gave their wickets cheaply!

:4: :4: :4:

Finn held his nerve beautifully after being knocked about a wee bit early on.

The Fear - 10/7/2013 17:09

badge73 - 10/7/2013 16:55

should of bowled first, hardly rocket science, muggy and over cast.

But they think the pitch is going to cut up so today was a good chance to put runs on the board. Sadly some gave their wickets cheaply!

"they" were wrong fear, same as chris board who said it would not swing .... lol if we had them in this morning the game would of been half over by now

You can't say they are wrong for something they are predicting in the future, unless you have a time machine! :2: