THE ASHES SERIES | Page 7 | Vital Football

THE ASHES SERIES

So you missed the rest of the 2005 series then ?
I’ve just bought the dvd of that series and then find there’s a 2hr programme on it on sky sports on demand which I’ve now recorded and am watching on and off
Which did ya prefer Botham's Ashes or 2005 Bully? Both fantastic,for me tho i just narrowly prefered Botham's.I agree wi ya abart Vaughan as skipper. UTMPB

Think the 2005 cos it ended nearly 20 yrs of Aussie dominance but really they’re as good as each other and as good as it gets,sky have also done an ashes in the 80s series which I watched last week that’s a very good watch as well

Think the 2005 cos it ended nearly 20 yrs of Aussie dominance but really they’re as good as each other and as good as it gets,sky have also done an ashes in the 80s series which I watched last week that’s a very good watch as well
I'm not very confident for the next test wi it bein at Lords,England seem to under perform quite lot at Lords dunt they? Hopefully Archer's fit enuff to bowl quick and for long enuff to get the Aussies dancin abart abit.UTMPB

They’ve brought leach in for Ali which had to happen but cos it did didn’t mean they were goin to do it,it’s a start but I’m not confident our record at lords is awful especially against the aussies

They’ve brought leach in for Ali which had to happen but cos it did didn’t mean they were goin to do it,it’s a start but I’m not confident our record at lords is awful especially against the aussies
To be fair tho mi owd pal our record at Edgbaston was superb until the last test,fingers crossed we turn it round like the Aussie did at Edgbaston,i'm sure on TMS they sed the Aussies had never won a test v England at Edgbaston. UTMPB

Looks like today's play at Lords is gunna be badly affected by the weather,blessin in disguise perhaps? 2or3 more days expected to affected by the weather also accordin t'Beeb weather forecast,well if it's still only 1-0 after this test.it'll be all to play for.Come on ENGLAND.UTMPB

TMS is as entertaining whether the crickets on or not,lovely piece on Straussy and the Ruth Strauss day tomorrow with him and McGrath and aggers who’s partners were also affected by cancer
Good luck with it tomorrow I hope it takes off like it has down in oz
Well said Bully,i also hope they have a gr8 day on Thursday for Mrs Strauss. No play today,English summer's eh.UTMPB

Why dont they call the game off and reshedule it at the end of the series.

They only look like getting 1 days play,thats Thursday.

Or do they want the draw to save a series white wash :hmmm:

Sell out most likely people book time off work to go to these games imagine the uproar if they just rescheduled it we’d all be up in arms saying what about the fans ?‍♂️

Plus the weather end of sept early Oct is hardly likely to be better unless we get an Indian summer

Put leach up there and drop him down to 5 or 6 just goes to show how different the two games are red and white ball
Joe is looking good though I think he could open again he has the temperament and technique he was too young 1st time round but I’m happier with him at 3 where he can put the brakes on early on any batting collapse