THE ASHES SERIES | Page 10 | Vital Football

THE ASHES SERIES

We were poor for the hour or so before we got Warner they were scoring freely at more than 4 an over and it looked like it was goin to be Australia’s day,just shows how quickly things can change in this boring old game,that last hr vindicated joes decision to put them in,as always it will be wasted unless we can post a big 1st innings lead,much will depend on the weather if it’s cloudy it could spell trouble for us if it’s sunny we could make hay. One things for sure England need to win this test more than the aussies
It’s goin to be another fascinating days cricket tomorrow (sorry I meant boring)

They don't half miss Smith............#Onemanband...............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just in time for Cummins some nice hot Aussie style weather at Headingley.

But England had the English weather yesterday and prospered....eventually.

England will be all out for somewhere between 120 to 150,unless the local lads bring their A game if they do England will score closer to 400.

We were poor for the hour or so before we got Warner they were scoring freely at more than 4 an over and it looked like it was goin to be Australia’s day,just shows how quickly things can change in this boring old game,that last hr vindicated joes decision to put them in,as always it will be wasted unless we can post a big 1st innings lead,much will depend on the weather if it’s cloudy it could spell trouble for us if it’s sunny we could make hay. One things for sure England need to win this test more than the aussies
It’s goin to be another fascinating days cricket tomorrow (sorry I meant boring)
Today's the day Bully , middle day of middle test with , hopefully 2 of Yorkshire's finest helping post a lead of 200 or more. Fingers crossed .......and hope Joe's not seen until after lunch

10-2 our forkin Joe's gone for a Duck,Followin anutha poor Roy shot,say wot ya want but the skipper aint performin any better than t'other batsmen.Soz i know we're not allowed to say owt wrong abart Our Joe but he's in a poor run of form.UTMPB

10-2 our forkin Joe's gone for a Duck,Followin anutha poor Roy shot,say wot ya want but the skipper aint performin any better than t'other batsmen.Soz i know we're not allowed to say owt wrong abart Our Joe but he's in a poor run of form.UTMPB
Him and Roy are bang off it. Have the selectors ever dropped a skipper mid series?

Why are they all playing like they've got to get 48 off the next 5 overs..?

Wanchors the lot of them, outclassed by the Aussies again.

Tbf to joe he was probably the only one they got out with a good ball cook said he was lucky to get somat on it most would have played and missed but as a team they should give half their fee back for the batting display the top score of 12 is the lowest ever top score in an England innings EVER

As draft as it sounds we could still win this. Ours batsman have got to channel a bit of Boycott concentration.
Don’t think any team has won a test against top class opposition after being bowled out for less than 70 suppose there’s always a first time but I won’t be putting any money of mine any where near it

Don’t think any team has won a test against top class opposition after being bowled out for less than 70 suppose there’s always a first time but I won’t be putting any money of mine any where near it[/ Clutching at straws to be honest, we are an embarrassment.

Well, not seen a ball bolwed today (walking innthe Alps seems to have been the right option!) but it sounds shambolic.

At least Hussain and the rest of the pundits have got what they wanted- Joe batting at 3 - that's worked so well, can't wait for theoir next plan.

Strauss has won his 1 day World Cup, at the expense of the longer form of the game - hope he sleeps well tonight becaiuse he has absolutely no responsibility for the sake and standard of the 4 day game ........................................does he?????????????

The one day stuff has none of the nuances that the longer form has, less , by far, of the skill needed to build an innings, set traps for batsmen etc etc. To me, and many, many othersit's a necessary diversion (for the money it generates) but the longer format is far superior for so many reasons with the Ashes being the peak rivalry in the game..

To see ( not live today) that careless,crass shot selection by so many is enough to make FS, Sir Len and so many others weep.

Cricket- a game ruined by the supposed custodians of it.