The Ashes - Edgbaston (n/g) | Vital Football

The Ashes - Edgbaston (n/g)

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Great start for us, also loving the mentality of the crowd waving pieces of sandpaper at the departing Aussie batsmen.

Great start to the Ashes by us. Shame that we are prone to a batting collapse. Would be nice to go one up though.

Great start from England, but should have rolled them by tea for 150. Very, very frustrating this last session. Still, with them winning the toss and batting we’re still in a good position.

Some questions have to be asked about the Anderson situation. Were he or a fourth seamer fit, I’m sure they’d have been rolled for around or under 100. Surely, we’re he fit, he should have played v Ireland just a week ago? Had he broke down there, we could have lived with it.

One positive is that I am there on Saturday, so this probably guarantees a full day’s play for my 90 quid!

Great start from England, but should have rolled them by tea for 150. Very, very frustrating this last session. Still, with them winning the toss and batting we’re still in a good position.

Some questions have to be asked about the Anderson situation. Were he or a fourth seamer fit, I’m sure they’d have been rolled for around or under 100. Surely, we’re he fit, he should have played v Ireland just a week ago? Had he broke down there, we could have lived with it.
That must be really frustrating for all concerned - somehow there's nothing like the real thing to test any muscle problem now I guess he's out of the bowling for the match. Hope it doesn't spoil the fun.

Finally all out for 284, having been 122/8.

Now 15 minutes or so for our openers (or night watchmen?) to survive...