The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we upgrade Anwar with a player we already have. Genius :wahey::grinning:.

Otherwise. Who will this mythical upgrade upgrade be then?.
*Any ideas, thoughts ?

*Marcus Thuram is not allowed.
I'm pretty confident only you thought I was suggesting using Traore as the upgrade rather than as a comparison (note I used the words "For comparison" at the beginning of that post) for "the one" player who's proved he can play in the PL.

Why do I have to have the name of the player to replace him to say we should be looking to improve on him? I expect Lange and his team of professional analysts and scouts is probably better placed to do that than me.

For clarity, do you think ~5 goals from open play and ~2 assists is the level of production per season we should be happy with from one of our three starting forwards trying to break into the upper reaches of the PL?

I'm pretty confident only you thought I was suggesting using Traore as the upgrade rather than as a comparison (note I used the words "For comparison" at the beginning of that post) for "the one" player who's proved he can play in the PL.

Why do I have to have the name of the player to replace him to say we should be looking to improve on him? I expect Lange and his team of professional analysts and scouts is probably better placed to do that than me.

For clarity, do you think ~5 goals from open play and ~2 assists is the level of production per season we should be happy with from one of our three starting forwards trying to break into the upper reaches of the PL?

The emojji's indicate that I knew what you meant. You are a sensitive soul aren't you.

You don't have to name anyone but i find it amusing when people suggest things like 'upgrades' and other such generic things and don't offer solutions (bit like getting rid of the manager and not saying who you want which is a perennial theme on here ) . Then they absolve themselves by saying 'not my job mate , that's what recruitment's for init'.
Kop out .

And funny enough I have long expressed my opinion on what we need to do purchase wise to break into the upper reaches which is why I'm continually underwhelmed by our signings.
Our current recruitment policy will not get us top 4 or 5, which when we got promoted was where I wanted to get to or I'd rather have the great fun the championship was. Hate the thought of a Palace season after season mid table or just above slog . Meh . 3 summers in we are someway off that top 4 or 5 .

So talking of upgrades, and this won't please many but quite a few current 1st teamers will need upgrading to get us to the 'upper reaches'.

How much would an "upgrade" on Anwar cost? £35-40m?

Will we get much better for that?

Well Spuds paid 22 million for winger Bryan Gil from Sevilla with Lamela going the other way as part of the deal . So what is the that deal worth. At least double i suspect. Lamela cost 26 million a few years ago signing for Spuds .

So to break into the where Spuds clearly are your 40 million could be about right ...

Well Spuds paid 22 million for winger Bryan Gil from Sevilla with Lamela going the other way as part of the deal . So what is the that deal worth. At least double i suspect. Lamela cost 26 million a few years ago signing for Spuds .

So to break into the where Spuds clearly are your 40 million could be about right ...

Is Bryan Gil any good? Never heard of him..

The emojji's indicate that I knew what you meant. You are a sensitive soul aren't you.

You don't have to name anyone but i find it amusing when people suggest things like 'upgrades' and other such generic things and don't offer solutions (bit like getting rid of the manager and not saying who you want which is a perennial theme on here ) . Then they absolve themselves by saying 'not my job mate , that's what recruitment's for init'.
Kop out .

And funny enough I have long expressed my opinion on what we need to do purchase wise to break into the upper reaches which is why I'm continually underwhelmed by our signings.
Our current recruitment policy will not get us top 4 or 5, which when we got promoted was where I wanted to get to or I'd rather have the great fun the championship was. Hate the thought of a Palace season after season mid table or just above slog . Meh . 3 summers in we are someway off that top 4 or 5 .

So talking of upgrades, and this won't please many but quite a few current 1st teamers will need upgrading to get us to the 'upper reaches'.
Is that what those emojis mean? Ah right, my bad.

Not absolving myself of anything, as I'm pretty sure Lange isn't sat watching these forums for Platypus to reply to Melon Donkey for ideas on who could replace El Ghazi. I don't play FIFA so I can't pretend to be a massive fan of players from across Europe and the World I've never seen play, or pretend in hindsight to be an expert on whoever we do get in. I do know Villa players though, and know who I think is good enough, who will or can get better and who I think we're starting to outgrow.

To my mind in Bailey and Bert we have two quality players to compete for that right forward role but now Father Damo has left we don't have anyone of their standard to compete on the left. JPB might become that but he's too raw to start and El Ghazi's just not productive enough.

I think we're a way off 4th and 5th but every position upwards from 8th and upwards is really seriously hard won. We won't get there without a good wide left forward playing with a front three.

Agreed. The team will be barely recognisable if we're to make it to the top table.

Yes I don't know why people are talking about El Ghazi as a nailed on starter when we have Watkins, Traore and Bailey all out.
Because Deano said Watkins wouldn't play out wide and then Bert and Bailey are both left-footed right sided forwards. Deano likes to play opposing footed players out left and right with the full backs providing the width. That's why I am anyway.

I could be well proved wrong but just going on what Dean has said and done up to this point.

Because Deano said Watkins wouldn't play out wide and then Bert and Bailey are both left-footed right sided forwards. Deano likes to play opposing footed players out left and right with the full backs providing the width. That's why I am anyway.

I could be well proved wrong but just going on what Dean has said and done up to this point.

Bailey can play on the left and did against Watford. I'd be shocked if El Ghazi is starting when everyone is fully fit. I don't think we need to worry about it.

I have often seen El Ghazi looking moody in games but he looked even more so last night against Barrow. No idea why?

How much would an "upgrade" on Anwar cost? £35-40m?

Will we get much better for that?

We must surely have half a dozen players better than him in the squad already.

£30-40m is our new level of first team player but we could spend less than half that to improve on Ghazi imo.

All moot anyway I think as he's not likely to start many games from here, not if we've actually improved at least.

I had a boss back in the day and when they were doing a team meeting we used to count how many times they said actual or actually. It made the meeting pass quicker actually. That's an actual true story, she was actually an actual woman as well

We used to have a twat of a boss who used the words "Match Fit" when talking about the organisation.... the only one who was not "Match Fit" was him, he was more match fat... bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.