The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent return for the amount of minutes he plays. As frustrating as he is at times I think that’s what you get with most players in that position

👏👏👏big round of applause for Anwar for an excellent season

Perhaps second half of a season, but he really has impressed me with how he has toughened up both physically and mentally in recent weeks. I thought he was too lightweight for this league when we were promoted which was probably evident for 18 months, even though many of us could see he had the talent. Add the toughness in there and he’s a competent premier league player.

Seems like he has confidence issues, and fans have got on his back (or in his DM’s). Fair play for shutting those fans up, and proving to fans like me that he is able to step on and improve rather than fall off the back of the wagon and slip back down a league.

I just hope he keeps up the work rate, commitment and motivation to continue into next season like this.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t look to bring in better quality if it’s available, but he has a role in the squad.

Last edited:
Just what we need really, go 3 at the back with Konsa Mings and Hause, Cash and Targett as wingbacks

This.

I'd say that's our next evolution given the squad as it stands. We know Targett and Cash will run backwards happily, and Cash needs to show more Forest form in attack but it's tailor made for us.

Midfield/attack support picked on whether or not we're more likely to attack or defend.

This.

I'd say that's our next evolution given the squad as it stands. We know Targett and Cash will run backwards happily, and Cash needs to show more Forest form in attack but it's tailor made for us.

Midfield/attack support picked on whether or not we're more likely to attack or defend.
Agree Mike, we look balanced with two attacking full backs available but is Hause good enough to complement Konza and Mings. Exciting times if we can recruit as well as this season.

Agree Mike, we look balanced with two attacking full backs available but is Hause good enough to complement Konza and Mings. Exciting times if we can recruit as well as this season.

Seen nothing to suggest he can't and he's better than both with headers. Even from a corner perspective, it means we can send Konsa to edge of box given his touch, put Hause in the box for his threat and leave Mings back - letting another midfielder cover the box.

El Ghazi’s penalty scoring ability is fantastic, but apart from that he is a very bang average squad player.

His decision making needs to be better in the final third, an if it wasn’t for the 4 penalties he’s scored he’d have 6 goals from 64 shots, I’m not sure if a goal every 10 shots is deemed good ? With no assists either.

At 26 you’d like to think he still has a lot more to give and improve, personally if someone offered 20m for him I think it would benefit both him and Villa to move on, he will know himself that he’ll have very slim pickings next season with Villa looking to bring in real quality in the summer, so much so even Traore might not feature and forced on the bench.

If he ends up staying I wouldn’t grumble at that, when he’s on fire he’s on fire, just needs to find that level of confidence and consistency, there’s been games this season where he has been undroppable.

If he ends up staying I wouldn’t grumble at that, when he’s on fire he’s on fire, just needs to find that level of confidence and consistency, there’s been games this season where he has been undroppable.

I agree with your thoughts.

This is the kind of opinions that many of us held about Matt Targett last year and look where that ended up. AeG has started to get a grip of the PL and his defensive contribution is much improved.

I agree with your thoughts.

This is the kind of opinions that many of us held about Matt Targett last year and look where that ended up. AeG has started to get a grip of the PL and his defensive contribution is much improved.

If he ended up making as much improvement as Matt Targett he’ll turn into Ronaldo 😂 Matt Targett for me is England’s best LB and needs to start being recognised as such.

Let’s hope he finds that level we hope for, same goes for the likes of Luiz and McGinn too,

Seen nothing to suggest he can't and he's better than both with headers. Even from a corner perspective, it means we can send Konsa to edge of box given his touch, put Hause in the box for his threat and leave Mings back - letting another midfielder cover the box.
Will you tell Tyrone Mike. Kinda busy atm.?

Status
Not open for further replies.