The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can't be too many more impressive turnarounds than his in the last month. 5 goals in 5 ganes, all important and he's gone from possibly leaving in January or definitely being a last resort to the form player in an in form team. Still he'll have his detractors but for me its wonderful to see.

I wonder if someone has actually told him not to wear gloves, I know I joke about it but it's been the making of him

Neil Taylor joked about it when we were in the Championship. Said Anwar was a different player when the daffodils came out , but I think he was only half joking.

Seems the penny has dropped with regards to British football in the premier league and long may it continue because one thing is for sure he can certainly play.

Neil Taylor joked about it when we were in the Championship. Said Anwar was a different player when the daffodils came out , but I think he was only half joking.

Seems the penny has dropped with regards to British football in the premier league and long may it continue because one thing is for sure he can certainly play.
Whatever it was, he's made me look an idiot in the last four games. I've been bad mouthing him to family and friends since promotion, screaming obscenities when he made a bad cross or a bobble shot from what seemed like the halfway line.

He's growing on me like a lockdown head of hair. Excellent performances week in week out. He's a confidence player it seems to me. It's not just his general play which has impressed me, it's his interviews, his perfect English, his professionalism, the way his team mates have stuck up for him on Twitter the way Grealish and Smith trusted him with the penalty, the way Grealish trusted him with a pass from a corner. I now believe, know, he's got much more to him than I was able to see, which is humbling.

El Ghazi - Arabic to English translation- The Warrior. I used to giggle at that translation. It's looking more like an accurate description of the man this season.

Got to be , we are talking a bloke who would wear them in September never mind mid winter

Goal....great.
But too many times 1st half he ran straight into 3 defenders and lost the ball. He needs to pick his moments better. I dont think he beat a man with the ball today? But he was getting to the byline via passes into space and crossing in the 2nd half which was better.

Excellent performances week in week out. He's a confidence player it seems to me. It's not just his general play which has impressed me, it's his interviews, his perfect English, his professionalism, the way his team mates have stuck up for him on Twitter the way Grealish and Smith trusted him with the penalty, the way Grealish trusted him with a pass from a corner. I now believe, know, he's got much more to him than I was able to see, which is humbling.

I agree, I see him as an 'arm around him' type player and needs to be coaxed into action. Something has definitely clicked and I think part of it having a more solid team around him. He has regained the confidence to take players on and at times only Grealish is better at that. I was curious whether he'd actually be able to replicate some of what he did in the last games against better teams. He can clearly get around anybody as he glided past quite a few players tonight including Kante I believe and took out Azpilc' quite a few times.

The competition for those 2 remaining positions in attack is very hot right now. Barkley, Trez, Traore and AEG have strong competition and Grealish has really set alight to that fire with his performances. From the injury to Barkley we have our Plan B a rampant Grealish allowed to freely take up positions centrally, deep or right up with Watkins.

We are very fucking dangerous now because Smith has a group of attackers who are very interchangeable, bring a lot of different things to the table and can really just pull defenses apart if we're not respected.

Actually something people never take into account is how may minutes a player is on the pitch 5mins or 95 mins still gets records as an appearance.
Marlon Harewood started 1 game but scored 5 goals for us, played a part in 20 odd games

Such a crying shame sometimes he can't impose himself on games. Wonderful technician when he's at it.

AEG is limited, but I do like the way he finds himself in the pockets as he does play a little narrower than Trez or Bert when he’s on the left, and his instincts are to head towards goal.

He’s a good enough squad player to keep. And if he can get 5 or 6 every season starting only a few games but coming off the bench, that’s not a bad return.

AEG is limited, but I do like the way he finds himself in the pockets as he does play a little narrower than Trez or Bert when he’s on the left, and his instincts are to head towards goal.

He’s a good enough squad player to keep. And if he can get 5 or 6 every season starting only a few games but coming off the bench, that’s not a bad return.
They reckon his finishing is very good in training. He has the confidence to take Penalties as well, certainly not afraid to shoot , just checked he's still only 25

Social media at its finest :shake:

“I don’t want people to feel sorry for me because I’m a strong guy, I’m a big boy, and I’ll be fine, but you’ve asked, so I’ll explain.

“Last year, when we were almost going down, a lot of players were getting abuse. It was getting so personal that it made me feel aggressive.

“It didn’t feel right. An opinion is fine. I respect that — but one example of a message I received read: ‘I hope you die and never play for my club again’.

“When I looked on the profile and saw that it was from a season ticket holder of Aston Villa, I thought, ‘No way’. It made me really angry. Towards the end of the season, it happened again and then, after watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix, I just thought to myself, ‘Maybe I should just close down Twitter for a year’.

https://theathletic.com/2574226/202...ope-you-die-and-never-play-for-my-club-again/
(paywalled)

Social media at its finest :shake:

“I don’t want people to feel sorry for me because I’m a strong guy, I’m a big boy, and I’ll be fine, but you’ve asked, so I’ll explain.

“Last year, when we were almost going down, a lot of players were getting abuse. It was getting so personal that it made me feel aggressive.

“It didn’t feel right. An opinion is fine. I respect that — but one example of a message I received read: ‘I hope you die and never play for my club again’.

“When I looked on the profile and saw that it was from a season ticket holder of Aston Villa, I thought, ‘No way’. It made me really angry. Towards the end of the season, it happened again and then, after watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix, I just thought to myself, ‘Maybe I should just close down Twitter for a year’.

https://theathletic.com/2574226/202...ope-you-die-and-never-play-for-my-club-again/
(paywalled)

Shocking criticism from a typical coward who plays the hard man hiding behind his screen spouting bile.

I've met this type of people across Twitter/social media and the nasty way they go on is a million miles away from what they would actually say to your face.

Strangely enough, a lot of pretending to be hard Zulu Warriors from across town go on like this.

It's honestly beyond me why?

Status
Not open for further replies.