The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolley on one wing and El Ghazi on the other would work. I like wingers who can beat a man and cross a decent ball. There are few that can though on a consistent basis.

El Ghazi isn't afraid to cut in more; for his goal he was like a second striker. He has a lot to his game and I'm sure will improve further. His crosses aren't always in the right place, but that will come. Believe we have an option on him, so maybe his agent can't stir too much.

Think Green could be the same, but at the moment he's not doing it.

I honestly think the lad can be as good as he wants to be. Another top signing

If he can carry on the way he ended the season we've got a bargain for that price. Hopefully Mings the next one confirmed.

£8m maybe slightly high, Lille don’t seem to want him and he was a bit hit and miss even in the championship. That said £8m for a prem team isn’t too bad

Anwar El Ghazi joins Aston Villa on a permanent deal

"Aston Villa is delighted to announce that Anwar El Ghazi has joined the club on a four-year deal.

The Dutch international enjoyed a highly impressive loan spell at Villa Park last season after signing from French outfit Lille.

And the 24-year-old, who scored at Wembley in the Play-Off Final, will now have the opportunity to showcase his talents in the Premier League after moving for an undisclosed fee."

Full Article https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/10/aston-villa-sign-anwar-el-ghazi

Welcome Anwar.

Got to admit I'd written him off as a lazy git back in the early part of the season. I remember going to a game, sat next to JF right by the dugout and could hear Smith going nuts at him, telling him to run back.... I remember saying any player who needed constant reminders that he had to run, just wasn't worth his salt.

Since then though, he's come on leaps and bounds, and his work ethic has improved tenfold.

Lets hope he continues to work hard and I'm sure he'll be a cracking signing for us. The ability is definitely there.

Status
Not open for further replies.