The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew he'd score. He scored a pen in the last minute of the man city at home disaster where if he'd missed the Holte End would have probably stormed the pitch. To step up in that no win situation took some balls so I had no worries yesterday.

As for Mings he's got the right to stick up for his team mate. If someone is "big" enough to chuck some abuse at one of our own players on social media then they can be big enough to put up with being chastised for it. But normally it's those that accuse others of being pussys or snowflakes that are the most sensitive of all.

McGrath was surrounded by leaders ont the pitch though, our current lot are far too quiet for my liking. There's no one else in that backline I could see doing the organising

There's not enough players with moustaches these days.

Kevin Richardson, Shaun Teale etc. they were like army majors. In fairness Tyrone has a bit going on there, maybe that's why he's the loudest.

Imagining Anwar with a moustache however is not a good idea.

Happy for Anwar. Really well taken penalty. Hopefully it does his confidence the world of good. He could make the right wing spot his own what with the inconsistency of Trez and Traore

I don't think he's as soft as some suggest he's just woefully inconsistent himself. There's no doubt the boy has talent and as we have all often said if you could put Trez workrate and desire into AEG you'd have a player.

Was so pleased for him converting the penalty, would have been awful if he hadn't put it away and with the short run up, I did fear he'd sky it.

The penalty was in front of the South Bank, do you think he still would’ve converted at the time he did in front of those Wolves fans? Without being there I imagine it just feels like a friendly/behind closed doors game without fans there and thus a lot less pressure.

3 in 3 now. Not a bad little comeback for someone I thought was done at the club. Only question now is who starts when Barkleys back and Jack returns to the left.

Last edited:
Been brilliant for 3 games in my humble.
Yes , he missed the chances against Burnley but like Watkins said about himself after the match today , the time to be worried is when he isn’t getting the chances.
Thought the stick after Burnley and today ( someone called him useless when he wasnt taken off instead of Traore ffs). has been very harsh . Scores 2 against the Tesco bags and now today. Not just about the goals either, all round game has be excellent. A sky 6 player scores that goal today it would be a jizz fest.
Set a bench mark now.

He's a confidence player I think, shown by that quick touch to take him past their left back and the quality of his goal. Needs to show up consistently and work as hard as Trez does when we don't have the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.