The America's Cup | Vital Football

The America's Cup

Johngill

Vital Youth Team
For anybody who like me is to old and knackered to participate in sports but gets totally addicted to competitive racing check out the 2021 Americas cup from New Zealand, I forgot to set my alarm for this and have just watched the highlights from yesterdays first 2 races and I think this could go right down to the wire. All the races are being shown live on You tube along with high lights and interviews. If you have never watched international yacht racing before give it a go. The commentators are very knowledgeable and fairly unbiased (unlike our Geordie friend from the other night), and to quote the gobshite Geordie it's "excellent".

Things have come a long way from when a yacht called Sceptre challenged the Americans in 1958. Mono hull canvas sails a different world from today. By the way Sceptre lost.

Glad to see somebody is watching after the demise of the UK entry.
Also another great kiwi event has just taken place for the 30th year in my home town.
The Hokitika Wild Foods Festival.
No real imagination required to guess that the offerings are more on the "feral" side.
Obviously a great tourist draw for my home town and hosted by our own Mayor of Feral County.
So yes a shameless plug for my home, the Cool Little Town, Hokitika.
😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Glad to see somebody is watching after the demise of the UK entry.
Also another great kiwi event has just taken place for the 30th year in my home town.
The Hokitika Wild Foods Festival.
No real imagination required to guess that the offerings are more on the "feral" side.
Obviously a great tourist draw for my home town and hosted by our own Mayor of Feral County.
So yes a shameless plug for my home, the Cool Little Town, Hokitika.
😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Sounds great. I'll keep my eyes open for next year's festival . Want to get to Oarmaru too for the Steam Punk festival.
I surprised myself by enjoying the last America's cup and really enjoying this one too. I know all the stuff about rich boys toys but the technology that's gone into those boats and the superb TV graphics make it very watchable for me.
Enjoy your possum burger

I knew nothing about Steam Punk untill we went South a few years ago. Just as we drove into Oamaru we saw a huge chopper bike sculpture created out of tractor parts.There are more impressive pieces of industrial sculpture dotted around town. We really fell in love with the place.Cracking microbrewery dockside, fantastic neoclassical architecture around town.