The all new - WHO ARE YOU thread!!! | Page 40 | Vital Football

The all new - WHO ARE YOU thread!!!

Here's mine as it was, with a little updating:

Name: John
Married: Yes
Children: 6 (plus 11 grandchildren, one of whom, I regret to say, is a Liverpool fan. I blame his father.) NOW 17 grandchildren
Villa fan since: around 1958. My Dad went to Brum to work and used to send me the SPORTS ARGUS. There was very little football on the telly then - we didn't have one anyway - and although Wolves and the Baggies were doing best then, I latched onto what my Dad (a Baggies man) used to call "The hall of memory team", just by reading about them in the paper. (Glad I didn't fasten onto Small Heath!!!)
First match: Bolton at Villa Park, autumn 1963. We won 3-0, Harry Burrows scored 2 goals
All time favourite players: Ooh Aah Paul McGrath (who else), Charlie Aitken, Peter Withe, Nigel Spink, JAMES MILNER
Current favourite player: Martin Laursen JOHN McGINN
Favourite alcoholic drink: The devil's buttermilk does not pass my lips....
Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Club Orange VIMTO
Favourite Take-away: Potato Scallops - can't be got in Ireland - nor can Vimto - but we do have Club Orange.
Favourite Film: Doctor Zhivago
Favourite TV Shows: 24, CSI Miami, New Tricks SELDOM WATCH TELLY THESE DAYS
Music?: "Sounds of the Sixties", Irish traditional, lots of other stuff
Celebrity I'd most like to have an intellectual conversation with: Doireann Ni Bhriain DOIREANN (LIKE MYSELF) NOW GETS THE FREE TRAVEL PASS BUT I AM REMINDED OF HER EVERYTIME I GET ON THE BUS OR LUAS (TRAM) AS IT'S HER VOICE (AND WHAT A VOICE!) ANNOUNCING THE STOPS IN BOTH ENGLISH AND IRISH. EVERY MAN NEEDS TO HEAR THE WAY SHE SAYS "BLUEBELL, AN CLOIGIN GORM" AT LEAST ONCE IN HIS LIFE!
Best ever moments in my life: the first time I saw each of our children (aaaaahhhh!)
Ambitions: To develop the disciple to write "the book" (every Irishman has one in him) and to live long and die happy and be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows I'm dead. EPIC FAIL!
Wise words: That which we persist in doing will become simpler not that nature of the act will change but that our capacity will increase."

Streuth Still-Ian, you are blasting from the past all the old posts as well as yourself. Like a Tsunami :tophat: