Norwich Match Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Norwich Match Thread

Thought Tuanzebe's doing fine. CB is his natural position. Hutton (can't pass) did a beauty to Abraham for the off-the-post shot.. Abraham is great, that acceleration and speed! Overall the defence is doing it's job, now that Mr. Defence has gone.

But the play upfield is awful. Deano has his work cut out. One problem is that for years we've never pressed in midfield At least at the moment we're getting players there but there's not much interplay. We don't attack in numbers. Grealish is going through a bad patch.

We could lose this. We could also improve and walk it.

The play hasn't been to bright over all since our goal, every man on the pitch needs to stand up and put a shift in this second half. Come on the Villa! UTV

Massively miss Super John in the middle. Hourihane just does not do enough in his general midfielder play. Weak in the tackle. Too easy to play against and does create anything in open play.

Disagree completely with Lee Hendrie I don't think we are pressing enough at all.
And does Grealish ever pick the correct pass!. He is so frustrating to watch.

I think Jack may get worse before he gets better. He’s got to adapt what is his natural game and take onboard the coaching that he is now hopefully getting. Probably applies to most of them. But there does seem to be a reluctance to put a boot through it when that would be the most appropriate choice. Norwich are outpressing us. We have to learn to deal with that as well. Can’t moan at 0-1 though. ?

Probably not the right thread or time for this, but if Grealish looked like a Barry Bannan or Steve Davis, would there be as much hype about him?

I've nothing against Jack I'm just observing that in my opinion I don't think he is the Dean Smith type of player, he looks lumbered when he has to put some work in and Smith likes fast pace passing flowing football.

The game is being played at pace, yes there are mistakes but Norwich are a neat footballing side. Don't get the negativity. This is light years away from Bruceball.