Norwich Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Norwich Match Thread

McGinn will be a big miss. However im hoping for a draw from this and a win at QPR Friday night. DS and team will then have a week to work with them. That may well bring a decent improvement.

Getting to Norwich is always a ball ache
That A14 is a nightmare. Remember being on it once where two wagons went side-by-side for 20 odd miles. Had a good night out in Yarmouth mid 90s I think I went down for the weekend and pulled a bit of local Totty, Think the Villa were playing on the Sunday

i remember going the year we finished 2nd (92?) for a midweek game , we lost 0-1, we stayed over in GY, it was grab a granny night, which I duly obliged. Remember feeling well rough all the way back

Reactions: OVB
We went in the 80's for a midweek game on the coach. Got stuck behind someone doing about 25mph on the way back (it was only a single carriageway) got back at villa park about 2.45 legged it into town but missed the old night service so had to wait for the 4 o'clock one. Got home about 5 and went to work At nine !!!!!. Those were the days.

Two people admitting to pulling local totty in Yarmouth? I'd keep it to myself, to be honest! At least it's dual carriageway all the way now. Be careful driving back... those roundabouts on the A11 can take you by surprise when you're tired.

Two people admitting to pulling local totty in Yarmouth? I'd keep it to myself, to be honest! At least it's dual carriageway all the way now. Be careful driving back... those roundabouts on the A11 can take you by surprise when you're tired.
Great Yarmouth is a breeze, once you start pulling "birds" in Anglesey is the time to start worrying

Been to Norwich, but not following Villa.

It's gonna be tough tomorrow night. Norwich are doing well and on a decent run. Will we of took enough of Deano instructions to deal with them...... don't think so. 2-1 Norwich for me.

Well chuffed if I was wrong.

I was tempted to go but am going to QPR on Friday so both would be a bit too much. I looked this morning and there were 7 tickets left , which is a pretty remarkable effort.

I was tempted to go but am going to QPR on Friday so both would be a bit too much. I looked this morning and there were 7 tickets left , which is a pretty remarkable effort.
Both games are sold out now I think might have to miss QPR now because they want to complete on Friday for the café will try and see if we can do it Thursday.

I know. A lot is to do with my son and college work for tomorrow. I would feel guilty going without him.
Banter only mate, I've got my medals for doing fixtures like this when life allowed me to , I wish I still could albeit i know the effort involved and sometimes it feels you get little back. But the memories are what count

Banter only mate, I've got my medals for doing fixtures like this when life allowed me to , I wish I still could albeit i know the effort involved and sometimes it feels you get little back. But the memories are what count

Don't fall for it Silhill. He told me Saturday that Mrs Dennis told him he wasn't allowed to go.

Lol !

Fair play to anyone trecking over to Norwich and back on a Tuesday night particularly if you have work Wednesday morning. Not for the faint hearted
Wednesday 30th April 1975 - Norwich 1 Villa 4, I was of course there, this was the eighth win on the trot to finish the season and promotion to the big league. Never ever will I forget that night or that season, went everywhere except for some reason Orient [?] ....
That night at Carrow Rd, 1 short of 36,000, I can see it now, packed it was, we were missing the one and only Brian Little, but goals from Gidman, McDonald, Leonard and Frankie Carrodus did the biz, it was truly magic night, as were the previous 7 games, one of which was life threatening, just such a magic time to be a Villain.

It was electric, it was awesome and they were good in those days. Sorry to repost but it really does bring back so many memories of that night, it was so so brilliant - come on Villa, do the biz will you ffs.