The All New TV Thread | Page 219 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Just started season 2 of Sneaky Pete. Just getting better and better.

Yeah, agreed, I binge watched it all in the end, doesn't let you down. Shame no more coming.

I seem to recall, early on, Amazon did a number of pilots and then took votes which ones to progress wtih. That was one of them.

Roadkill... Hugh Lawrie political drama. Nothing earth shattering but more than watchable!

Sarah Beeny's new home in the country.

I like things like this. Her hubbie, kids and her have bought a farm and are looking to build a new home and what not.

Hospital on BBC2 - The Royal Free in London, following the impact of Covid as the second wave arrives. Filmed this autumn, so bang up-to-date.

Absolutely fascinating. Tonight was 2/6 so catch up with ep1 on iPlayer.

Enjoying I'm a celeb. I don't think it really matters where they are, the show is all about Ant & Dec for me. So silly, so scripted and yet I can't help but snigger.

GBBO final next week too. I'm not sure I can handle all this excitement.

Still, at least I've got the Villa match on Saturday to bring it all back down a notch.

I accidentally caught a snippet of Nigella Lawson’s programme. She was demonstrating how to butter a piece of toast.
I obviously haven’t lived.

Seen a few on Amazon, each seemed to have an agenda and looked a stitch up, I know a few people who work for Amazon and love it.

Was it another saying they were the big baddies or was it more level minded? @kefkat

The Good Lord Bird - sky atlantic. Very good, quirky, led by Ethan Hawke. Really enjoyed it.

Seen a few on Amazon, each seemed to have an agenda and looked a stitch up, I know a few people who work for Amazon and love it.

Was it another saying they were the big baddies or was it more level minded? @kefkat

My wife, son and his girlfriend all work for Amazon. They love it there, yes they have to work hard but they earn good money. For instance my son's girlfriend is 19 and is picking up after deductions £800 a week. How many 19 year olds are earning that sort of money.
The benefits are good too. Health insurance, dental insurance for both of us, travel insurance for the whole family and discount off Amazon products.
When I watch the programmes it just looks to me like they have an anti-Amazon agenda. I thought the programme last night was pretty pathetic. Who doesn't shop around on Amazon as I certainly do and I know some of the reviews are fake. I bought something off there a few months ago. It was a Chinese product that got 5 star reviews. Inside the box was a card which said if I gave the £20 product a 5 star review I would get a £10 Amazon gift voucher. Guess what, the product was complete rubbish and I sent it back for a refund. I noticed recently that the fake reviews had been removed and the product now gets 1 star.
The other thing I like about Amazon is if you send something back you get an instant refund back to your card unlike other retailers where you have to send it back first (usually at your cost) and then wait for them to process it.
One thing the programme did highlight is how the high street retailers are destroying the high street by selling their products much cheaper on Amazon.

The way they put some of the stuff over was like what 3rd party sellers were doing was Amazon fault.

As for the reviews it was interesting to see how they weren't all for the same product. Just the same company. I'm unsure who they were blaming for that. When they reported it Amazon dealt with it quickly

It was interesting but nothing that gobsmacked me. Yes they have made more money this year with Covid19 however its kept alot of businesses afloat too