The All New TV Thread | Page 158 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Watched the 2nd episode of Sally For Ever.

It's not belly laugh funny but it is funny in a very uncomfortable way.

Having said that I did laugh out loud at the granny catching them both scissoring. Never seen such explicit scenes in a sitcom before.

Not strictly 'new TV' but can't be bothered to find the relevant thread for this, but I have ordered Sky Q finally. Although I have forgotten to clear it with Mrs JPA, so I'm hoping she doesn't notice for a while yet!

Due to be installed in a couple of weeks and I'm getting an extra box for multiroom. Any good?

It is brilliant, found it so much better than previous boxes, had a lot of issues with other ones but this one has been reliable (the odd re-set needed) and fabulous navigation etc. Plus you can record loads at the same time whilst watching something. 7 or 8 I think.

Watching The Festival of Remembrance on BBC 1.

I won't mind admitting it's got me tonight. So many stories old and new and the music and songs are so poignant.

(And of all the things it was the story about the Labrador Bomb dog and his owner who died in Afghanistan after electing to stay on past the end of their scheduled tour).

Very moving MD.

Will be off to the Rememberance day service in Shirley as we do every year.

My Great Grandfather has died in the first world war and is on the wall of rememberance at Thiepval as he has no grave. My Mom has his medals and we had them framed for her for a Christmas present a couple of years ago. She has been to Thiepval and said it is beuatiful and incredibly sad at the ame time.

We must go there one day.

I watched a few episodes of Ray Donavan. It's very old fashioned. The hero, Ray, doesn't talk much and he isn't afraid to throw a few punches to get the job done but underneath he's got a heart of gold. I think my dad would love it.

Watched 'They Shall not grow old' on catch up last night

The Peter Jackson WW1 film.

Wow. Simply a film with people talking over the footage but so effective with the colour and sounds added in
Won't spoil it but the very last line spoken is just heart breaking and amazing.

11/10

Started rewatching Inside No.9 after only seeing a couple of episodes a few years ago.

Onto season 2 and just watched "The 12 Days of Christine". What an episode that was, very sad really. Great show.

Top notch Fear, don't know why it took so long to watch it properly, I loved the League of Gentlemen, maybe I was watching something else at the time.

Psychoville is another I haven't got round to, any good?

I never watch The Apprentice but it happens to be on for some reason.

Car crash TV. I've never seen such a shocking lack of ability and ineptitude, apart from the government.

Just incredible! Is it always like this?

Used to watch it JPA but it got repetitive and I could never understand why the new recruits never seemed to watch the previous series and learn from the silly mistakes.

They do pick some right idiots as well, I guess they provide the entertainment value.

Finished all 4 seasons of Inside No.9, just pure brilliant. Have to watch the "live" one now, heard it was mad, anyone watch it?

Obviously won't have the same effect because I'm not actually watching it live but I want to see what they did.