The All New TV Thread | Page 271 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Just watched the last Stranger Things 4 episode before the mid season break.

I know it’s sci fi/fantasy. And it’s probably aimed at younger than me. But blimey what brilliant production for a tv show. Pretty much full on movie standard every episode. Apparently its $30 million per episode so it should be good but actually it’s one thing spending , another thing pulling it off. Cracking bringing of the story threads together as well after the 3rd season disappointment. Its going to win awards this season.

Last edited:
Docu drama on two young lesbians, fighting with the trials and tibulations of their sexual awakenings and coming out.

Oh, yes, forgot, it is further complicated because one is a vampire and the other a vampire and/or monster hunter.

I have to admit, I'd never looked at it from a vampires point of view before.

First Kill - Netflix.

Watching We Own This City.

Really doesn't bring anything new to the well trodden tales of the mean streets / bent cops / drugs.

still well done though. From the makers of The Wire. Now that WAS top class
Recently went through it, I liked it, Jon Bernthal was excellent, also great to see actors from The Wire, some have major roles others show up as extras. Also loved the nostalgia of seeing the old locations from The Wire again.

Well acted, very good story, but too preachy was my overarching feeling.

Well acted, very good story, but too preachy was my overarching feeling.

Yes, very good summary. Don't think The Wire, and before it The Corner (I think that is what it was called) preached. This one tried a bit hard. But still, quality filmogrpahy, acting and as you say, locations.

Great news! Season 6 of The Peaky Blinders has finally reached Netflix Malaysia.

In equally great news, I have discovered that I haven't actually watched season 5 (I don't know either) so now I have two seasons of The Peaky Blinders to watch. Wooo hoo!
Three words, virtual private network

Great news! Season 6 of The Peaky Blinders has finally reached Netflix Malaysia.

In equally great news, I have discovered that I haven't actually watched season 5 (I don't know either) so now I have two seasons of The Peaky Blinders to watch. Wooo hoo!
Absolutely brilliant series, gripping from start to finish, definitely in my top 3 all time.

I can understand why people wouldn't like it (Obi Wan), so calling it a abomination, well, I get it.

I thought Mandalorian was good, I didn't bother with Boba Fett though, the character is iconic, but everyone who I know that has seen it says that it's awful.

They are all decent, some are taking these things too seriously, and forgetting when we saw the orginals, we were kids. We aren't kids anymore innit.

I like them, they are well done, well shot, and obviously all based on fact.

The one thing I won't watch, is Pistols on Disney.

Few reasons.

Punk was about anger, not profit and Disney

They didn't consult with Lydon, the lead singer, the centre of a lot of the anger and controversy

Anger is an energy

Danny Boyle seemed happy/wanted Lydon to slate it. That is not the idea, in my humble, plus, the drama of what went on back then was enough, it didn't need further dramatisation or to be embellish.

Punk does not belong to a brand, or on a brand tv site.

The Legend of Monkey... netflix. Thought it would be terrible, but it really isn't!

For All Mankind - Apple TV. Started it again tonight, having not paid enough attention before, and am getting into it.

The one thing I won't watch, is Pistols on Disney.

Few reasons.

Punk was about anger, not profit and Disney

They didn't consult with Lydon, the lead singer, the centre of a lot of the anger and controversy

Anger is an energy

Danny Boyle seemed happy/wanted Lydon to slate it. That is not the idea, in my humble, plus, the drama of what went on back then was enough, it didn't need further dramatisation or to be embellish.

Punk does not belong to a brand, or on a brand tv site.

And some take Star Wars seriously?.

it was great. So there :loser:.

Made me realise how punk was manufactured just as much as many things in the music industry gone by .

But the absolute truth is tv show or not the Pistols ended up selling out like anyone eventually . Hardly anarchic in the end .

They themselves went all profit so hardly Danny Boyle’s fault.Steve Jones decision to sell the story to a brand . Presumably Jones signed off on many things.

They got back together a few years ago as middle aged men like Take That did.

And this is the best bit …..comedy above comedy Mr Anarchy Lydon advertised a fucking butter brand on tv :rofl:.

If you had watched it you would have seen a repeating theme . Sid Vicious saying about his crap bass playing …it’s not about the music it’s about how you look. Exactly how Mclaren manufactured them. 2 not very good musicians, one who wasn’t a musician and one crap singer , a clothes shop to kit them out. Setting the scene then letting them implode .

They were great though. Love that album!

Last edited: