The All New TV Thread | Page 255 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Had the unpleasant experience of having to sit through half an hour of Masterchef last night as Mrs M was watching it and while I waited for Have I got News (which is still just great after all these years).

Not pretentious at all. Talk about disappearing up your own proverbial. I expect there are households up and down the country rushing to B and Q to pick up a mini blow torch so they can use it on some prawns followed by a trip to Aldi to pick up some green ( yes green ?) strawberries to pickle later.

Last edited:
Working through Money Heist. Not a massive fan of dubbed stuff, but this is decent and so pleased I've made the effort. Just going through the second season at the moment, surprised they have been able to stretch it to five, but my esteemed colleague @DeanoVilla assures me it is worth it!

Had the unpleasant experience of having to sit through half an hour of Masterchef last night as Mrs M was watching it and while I waited for Have I got News (which is still just great after all these years).

Not pretentious at all. Talk about disappearing up your own proverbial. I expect there are households up and down the country rushing to B and Q to pick up a mini blow torch so they can use it on some prawns followed by a trip to Aldi to pick up some green ( yes green ?) strawberries to pickle later.

Love proper Masterchef with the amateurs, and also like celeb Masterchef.

Seems you've stumbled upon Masterchef - the professionals.... Which is shit.

These are not normally my sort of thing but I was so impressed with Midnight Mass that I started The Haunting of Hill House last night and will go on to watch Bly as well.

All made by the same bloke apparently and with the alot of the same cast judging by what I watched last night.

And started American Rust... slow, brooding, nicely shot, got Jeff Daniels in. Looks like the critics are slating it, I think it is decent if you like the slow paced, moody kinda things.

@ironside I liked it, hope there is a second season, but reviews have been poor so they might drop it I guess.

Agree with the consensus that Midnight mass was excellent, although if that’s what God’s angels are like, I won’t be singing yippee ay yay when I arrive at the pearly gates.

Last edited:
I quite like the Marvel/DC crap as easy background noise. Never really been into Superman though, but the new Superman and Lois on BBC is actually quite a really good take going off the first Ep.

ie how does Superman cope with two kids and balance his two jobs alongside being a dad.

I'm expecting it to go downhill quickly in fairness, but it was a far better pilot than I expected.

Can't remember if I mentioned the Lost Symbols series either (Dan Brown) that's shaping up quite nicely.

Watched Episode 1 of the new season of Two Doors Down last night. Very funny and at the same cringingly embarrassing. Great stuff!

Landscapers has definitely been different, got a little bit stupid and up directors/writers own arse at the end with the symbolism, but overall a decent watch.

Strange isn't it? In a good way.

Liked that Landscapers tried to do something different, which is good, bit self indulgent as you say.

I'm enjoying it and I like the way they are building on Lord of the Flies rather than just remaking it so to speak.

Was a good way for Landscapers to go as things played out, just thought personally there was too much of it at the end. Good watch though.

Not exactly information we didn't know in the main, but David Baddiel's thing tonight on social media is a good and horrifying watch.

The Amber Heard/Johnny Depp stuff was interesting and not exactly surprising.