The All New TV Thread | Page 180 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Stranger Things Season 3 is shaping up well. Watched the first 2 episodes.

Sophie watched the whole thing the first night it came out. Lol. Saddo.

I see they are about to release a Wu Tang Clan TV series which will be a "somewhat fictionalised" version of their story.

I guess a bunch of middle-class music nerds forming a rap group needs spicing up for TV.

Still, my sarcasm aside, I think it will be great TV.

Watching The Wire on Amazon Prime. Good HBO series that started back in 02. Funny to see them working with old cell phones :)

I tried The Wire once and just couldn't get into it.

That was before I'd seen Luther though, and now I've seen Luther and love Idris Elba I'm wondering if I should try it again?

Is he a main character in The Wire?

One of the main characters. It is one of those that builds and builds. One of my favourite ever I think. Not sure how it has aged, ok I would have thought.

It's pretty dated now. The characters and the story lines are still relevant (much to our shame as a society) but Timberlands and flip phones make it look its age.

I tried The Wire once and just couldn't get into it.

That was before I'd seen Luther though, and now I've seen Luther and love Idris Elba I'm wondering if I should try it again?

Is he a main character in The Wire?

Each season builds on the previous seasons but looks at a different aspect of drugs or the war on drugs. The story builds and none of the characters disappear but they are featured more or less depending on the aspect of the story that season is focused on.

I think that's what makes it the best series ever IMO. Plus the fact that it's portraying real world issues in a realistic and sympathetic way. Even the worst characters have redeeming qualities so there aren't really good guys or bad guys.

Finished Stranger Things 3

Really good again, that last episode got me right in the feels.

*SPOILER ALERT*

the post credits ending suggests the fate of a certain character may not be as it seems?

Remarkable Places To Eat (bbc2) is quite interesting.

Watched the rest of Deep State (fox) it's fairly good but not always sure what is going on. Lol

Dark Money (bbc1) was very good.

What else you enjoying Fear.

Glad you've asked

Catch 22 on 4 is very good.

And gutted This Week ends today after 17 years. Trust the BBC to get rid of a decent programme. They'll probably replace with a repeat of some rubbish or other

Don't think Stranger Things is anywhere near as good as the first two seasons. I'm on episode 4 at the moment.