The All New TV Thread | Page 177 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

I fell asleep during the 1st episode, and was only half watching the 2nd.

Nat's enjoying it but I can't really get into it.

I have saved some up to binge watch OVB in the hopes it is a bit clearer! I suspect it is trying to be a bit too clever

I kind of got the first series but got very confused 2nd series, it is strangely compelling though

Finished True Detective season 3

I really liked it. Mahershala Ali is a great actor, you could really buy his "old man" version. Stephen Dorff was really good in it too.

Obviously nowhere near the first season, but a big improvement on season 2 which was a bit all over the place.

The first season really defined it, they should stick to that formula. A horrible case investigated by a troubled buddy cop duo set to an American gothic background. It works.

Watched the 1st 3 episodes of Chernobyl on sky Atlantic. Starts off with the explosion of the reactor, response and the attempts to contain it. Brilliant so far with some good performances on a subject that I didn't know much about going into it. It's amazing how close it came to a significant portion of Eastern Europe becoming completely uninhabitable.

Watched the 1st 3 episodes of Chernobyl on sky Atlantic. Starts off with the explosion of the reactor, response and the attempts to contain it. Brilliant so far with some good performances on a subject that I didn't know much about going into it. It's amazing how close it came to a significant portion of Eastern Europe becoming completely uninhabitable.
Brilliantly done, isn't it?

I've been watching Chernobyl as well. Absolutely terrifying. If the other three reactors had gone as well Europe would have been wiped clear of civilisation. Most of the rest of the world would have been under threat. Scary stuff.
Incidentally, it was spooky how the actor playing the head of the KG, Cherkasov, sounded exactly like John McDonnell.

Californication has a real Entourage vibe to it. It's kinda silly but fun. Do they still make light entertainment like this? Everything seems so serious these days.

Yeah, used to enjoy californication. Was one of our dearly departed member Witton Lanes favourites.

Agree Barry was decent.

Watched Riviera. It's ok, not earth shattering, but it is watchable!

Just watching Springwatch. Michaels Strachan just came out with the quote of the day describing the Slovonian Grebe.
"His helmet is erect. Magnificent!"
She was talking about his crest.

I've just binged season 5 of Black Mirror. It's only 3 episodes. It's good but not as hard hitting as some of the previous seasons.