The All New TV Thread | Page 161 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

I got bored with Narcos Mexico. It's the same story as before, basically.

I've almost finished Rebellion. It's about the Easter Rising in 1916. I learned about it in school but it's much more vivid and heartfelt seeing it on the telly.

It's amazing how idealistic people were back then.

Need something new to start watching to get us through the lull until GOT, TWD, FTWD, BCS and ST all restart.

Any ideas?

Tempted to give The Wire another go. You still got the boxset Fear? Ok if I nick it again?

nah, sold them a few months back on ebay can have all the stuff I'm not using quest. Soz.

nah, sold them a few months back on ebay can have all the stuff I'm not using quest. Soz.

SOOOOOO SELFISH!!!!

I think the honourable thing to do would be for you to buy it back (maybe on high quality Blu Ray) and give it to me for xmas.

Nah it's fine, we started Ray Donovan last night instead. 2 episodes in and enjoying it and it seems there are enough of those on IPTV to keep us going till 2020.

Yeah, Ray Donovan I really enjoy, it's on season six at the moment and I think remains constantly good throughout.

Billy Connolly, the ultimate world tour. Shows you around Florida. Just love his travel shows and his lust for lfie.

Be a better world if there were more like him JPA. In fact, be a better world if he was put in charge!

Anyone watch the last season (4 episodes) of Fortitude? I stuck with it, but think it totally lost its way and became ridiculous.

BBC Four, The Sinner, finding this intriguing.

Seeing as how I'm on a Western buzz, I started watching Deadwood again.

I don't think I ever actually finished all three seasons so there will be some new stuff for me. Such a dialogue-heavy show, almost Shakespearean at times. Ian McShane is brilliant.

There's a movie coming out early next year, so I'm going to binge through Xmas.

Billy Connolly, the ultimate world tour. Shows you around Florida. Just love his travel shows and his lust for lfie.

Watched it last night.

Was a little bit sad by the end of it. Clearly his Parkinson's is progressing and at the end it had the 'I'm now done' (with this part of his life).

He is 75 but celebrities you have grown up watching are forever young aren't they.

Agree MD... although I would say he's (outside looking in) lived a good life and then some. And still seems to be sucking every last bit of life out of his time as he can.

I just love how genuinely interested he always seems to be in others.

I’ve got countless series to watch on Sky/Netflix/Amazon so it is quite difficult to choose. Recently watched the first series of 13 Reasons Why, which was very good though quite harrowing. I can certainly see why it splits opinion and is so controversial but I found it compelling, and the 2 leads are great. Undecided about watching season 2 as I’m not sure where it could go.

I just started My Brilliant Friend, which was on Sky Atlantic recently. I wasn’t sure that it would be my kind of programme but thought I’d give it a go after seeing so many good reviews. Sailed through the first 4 episodes (of 8) and would happily carry on but I have to get up early to head to the home of English league football! So far it is one of the best things I have watched this year. The 4 actresses who play the 2 main characters (both as young kids and then as teenagers) are fantastic and you forget that you are watching a show with subtitles.

I think 13 Reasons Why is worth persevering with, it doesn't get any less harrowing mind you!

Watched Bad Blood on netflix the other day, it wasn't earth shattering but it was decent. Mafia loosely based on a true story

Seeing as how I'm on a Western buzz, I started watching Deadwood again.

I don't think I ever actually finished all three seasons so there will be some new stuff for me. Such a dialogue-heavy show, almost Shakespearean at times. Ian McShane is brilliant.

There's a movie coming out early next year, so I'm going to binge through Xmas.

Deadwood is my "go to" when there's nothing on. Classic. Did you know it is loosely based on fact from newspapers and diaries from that era?

Deadwood is my "go to" when there's nothing on. Classic. Did you know it is loosely based on fact from newspapers and diaries from that era?

Yeah, I was doing some research on it when I started watching it again, I'd love to get some of the books that contain those articles and diaries that the producers based it on. Did they always use Mr. Wu's pigs to dispose of bodies? Did Al Swearengen really have kidney stones?

Really looking forward to the film in the new year, hope it wraps it up nicely, but that's never easy with a great show like Deadwood.

Didn't know there was a film, so they are going to conclude all the loose ends from the series then?

Didn't know there was a film, so they are going to conclude all the loose ends from the series then?

I think that's the idea at least. The creator was offered a 6 episode miniseries after season 3 but declined and wanted to make a movie instead, but it's taken this long for it to come together.

So unsurprisingly, it's set 10 years after the last season!