The All New TV Thread | Page 149 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Well that was a trip down memory lane.

'One night in Turin' . History channel.

Story of England at Italia 90. On catch up if you fancy it.

Quite enjoyed that binge watch of Get Shorty. Chris O'Dowd was very good.

Anyone watch Patrick Melrose? Not exactly a barrel of laughs it has to be said. Well acted by Benedict Cumberbatch. Not seen him in anything else.

Shorty worth sticking with then? I'm yet to be convinced but only watched the pilot so far.

Was tempted to give Melrose a shot, but had clashes so can't help. Cumberbitch (as the ladies call him) is a pretty decent actor though, great in Sherlock for example.

I liked it, not earth shattering, but watched together it was decent fun.

Melrose, it is tough going really. As said, not watched him before, never got into the Sherlock thing and forget the other things he's been in, just not anything I've watched!

I'll stick with Shorty for a bit then - you were right on Sopranos and I'm waiting for the opportunity to say you were wrong on something else! lol

As said, I like Cumber, but Melrose ads didn't get me either so I'd have watched giving him a shot only. Not always the greatest recommendation thesedays though.

Started watched "A.P Bio" the other day, 8 episodes in so far.

Funny show starring Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Dennis) as a disgraced Harvard professor who is forced into teaching biology in a small town high school.

Anyone watch Patrick Melrose? Not exactly a barrel of laughs it has to be said. Well acted by Benedict Cumberbatch. Not seen him in anything else.

Yes started watching the other night - so far, so good. Cumberbatch is superb actually, really like him.

Seems very well-written, hope it continues in the same vein as the first couple of episodes I have seen. Credit to Mrs JPA - I didn't fancy it, but she made me watch and I'm glad she did. But don't tell her that, obviously.

Oh no, for sure, no praise to the good lady !

It is heavy going, not the lightest of subjects, but it is very well done.

Yes started watching the other night - so far, so good. Cumberbatch is superb actually, really like him.

Seems very well-written, hope it continues in the same vein as the first couple of episodes I have seen. Credit to Mrs JPA - I didn't fancy it, but she made me watch and I'm glad she did. But don't tell her that, obviously.

What exactly is Patrick Melrose about?

The ads on Sky gave nothing away. I like Cumberbitch, he's a good actor.

What exactly is Patrick Melrose about?

The ads on Sky gave nothing away. I like Cumberbitch, he's a good actor.

Basically telling the story of the eponymous Patrick Melrose, who suffered abuse at the hands of his father while growing up in France, through his heroin-addicted life in New York to a kind of rising from the ashes recovery. back in Britain.

Jumps around a bit and is very intense - needs a good deal of concentration but well worth the effort for me.

Been watching "Manhunt: Unabomber", 8 part miniseries about the Unabomber who was terrorizing the US with mail bombs for almost 20 years.

Stars Sam Worthington and Paul Bettany, very good watch. Pretty insane story.

Anyone watching Whitehouse/Mortimer. Gone Fishing?

It's a really nice 30 mins of entertainment, deep conversation the one minute, total laughing the next. It's quite poignant as well. It is strange, because it kind of goes nowhere, doesn't do anything, but it's just a really good watch!

It's a really nice 30 mins of entertainment, deep conversation the one minute, total laughing the next. It's quite poignant as well. It is strange, because it kind of goes nowhere, doesn't do anything, but it's just a really good watch!

Yes. Watched them both so far. Very good. Not laugh a second but moments of very very funny. Especially when they are talking and making light of their heart problems.

Talking of Bob Mortimer. If anyone wants to cheer themselves go on YouTube and watch the highlights of him on 'Would I lie to you'. Just Brilliant. Especially the pet owl one.

Excellent isn't it? Similar vibe to Detectorists.