The All New Takeover Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

Thankyou, thank you so much, without you good souls we would be playing Coventry, the ground is full every week and together we will believe the potential but this season is going to be hard.

He managed not to say anything about our current position in the league, but maybe that's understandable. Think the various new developments he covered were worth mentioning as it emphasises how much the owners have an interest in the club.

I was listening to Football Weekly last night and they were discussing The Premier League's difficulty in finding a new CEO. They have appointed the person who was in charge temporarily after Richard Scudamore resigned. The problem is that the television companies aren't willing to pay as much as they used to for football rights. The next deal will be lower than the last one. The decline of English football is finally here. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

I was listening to Football Weekly last night and they were discussing The Premier League's difficulty in finding a new CEO. They have appointed the person who was in charge temporarily after Richard Scudamore resigned. The problem is that the television companies aren't willing to pay as much as they used to for football rights. The next deal will be lower than the last one. The decline of English football is finally here. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Morning.

As I suggested elsewhere recently, I suspect you're right and these things can unravel quite quickly when they peak, I expect us to be in recession by 2021 - more power to those clubs that stockpile cash and pick up value in the transfer market before the current TV deal runs out IMO.

Morning.

As I suggested elsewhere recently, I suspect you're right and these things can unravel quite quickly when they peak, I expect us to be in recession by 2021 - more power to those clubs that stockpile cash and pick up value in the transfer market before the current TV deal runs out IMO.

I guess the big issue will be for those who are paying very high wages and getting footballers to accept lower wages when their contracts come up for renewal. There will certainly be a period of adjustment.

Could be very dodgy. MON's big mistake was paying top wages when the world was moving into an economic prices. Hence players not being moved on.

I guess the big issue will be for those who are paying very high wages and getting footballers to accept lower wages when their contracts come up for renewal. There will certainly be a period of adjustment.
Well one guaranteed benefit when the bubble inevitably bursts is we'll have fewer who-the-fook-is-she blondes pervading the media side of the game and, hopefully, no more of the god-awful female commentators on MOTD etc.

Was always going to be the way, give the broadcasters priority and shrink the importance of the fans and when the tipping point is reached, the broadcasters will pull back knowing they have all the power and the PL is pretty much forced to accept what they offer as fans can't make the difference up.

It's only lasted this long really because of the broadcast battles, but to varying degrees the broadcasters can still begin forcing prices down now as despite all the PR I don't believe Amazon et al will want to dominate in the way Sky have.

Was always going to be the way, give the broadcasters priority and shrink the importance of the fans and when the tipping point is reached, the broadcasters will pull back knowing they have all the power and the PL is pretty much forced to accept what they offer as fans can't make the difference up.

It's only lasted this long really because of the broadcast battles, but to varying degrees the broadcasters can still begin forcing prices down now as despite all the PR I don't believe Amazon et al will want to dominate in the way Sky have.

I've had Sky sports for years but I have said to my wife we won't renew when next due. What's the point? You can pick up a stream so easily now.

I used to avoid the score all day then watch an hr of the highlights at 10pm. Now the highlights have been reduced in duration and I can watch every game live.

Well one guaranteed benefit when the bubble inevitably bursts is we'll have fewer who-the-fook-is-she blondes pervading the media side of the game and, hopefully, no more of the god-awful female commentators on MOTD etc.
Worth the bubble bursting just for that alone.

I really don't like our owners to be honest, this talk of money ball, they can fuck off, I have ZERO trust in Americans to do the good for our club, they even said "money ball" is their aim.

I couldn't find an owners thread, and as they are the most important part of the club I though we could have a dedicated thread.

I always said blind faith in owners is wrong and they should be judged by their actions and I think that's fair. Our owners have pumped a lot of money into the club around £145 million on players last summer, but was that enough to secure Premiership survival given our threadbare squad? Also do we project the confidence of a club on the move in the purchases we make and the players and managers we attract?

Would you like a pat on the head, back? whatever

Are you 12?

And your alert, pathetic. South Side, calm down or sod off, your choice. I won't have moderators talked down to, we are a relaxed sort of forum, we don't pounce on things much, when we give a bit of gentle direction, we expect it taken. If you think you can find better, do so.

I always said blind faith in owners is wrong and they should be judged by their actions and I think that's fair. Our owners have pumped a lot of money into the club around £145 million on players last summer, but was that enough to secure Premiership survival given our threadbare squad? Also do we project the confidence of a club on the move in the purchases we make and the players and managers we attract?

agreed. Only time will tell. Randy looked and acted perfectly for a long, long time - biggest mistakes were in CEO and manager appointments.

The snake oil salesman, fine, he was not right from the get go.

These, they've done many right things, it will take time before we can assess how good or not so good, they might prove.

Manager appointments are going to be the key to showing their ambition I think.