The All New Takeover Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

I wonder if in 2 years time when im 58 if I will be a billionaire with a major share holding in Aston Villa or still sanding down someone elses bleeding wood work
I think we all know the answer to that one Xchurch. Fortunately none of us are evil enough to point out the truth :halo:

We were bust, we dragged promotion from knowhere, we now sit in the big league with every game sold out and thank the lord for wes Edens and nas sawaris. What a fantastic journey so far. Thankyou wes and nas because otherwise we were fucked.
Yes we were pvb. I dread to think where we would be if we still had that Chineese idiot and his stupid twitter account.
I am not in favour of the play off system and think first three should go up, however I am really pleased we won through regardless.

We were bust, we dragged promotion from knowhere, we now sit in the big league with every game sold out and thank the lord for wes Edens and nas sawaris. What a fantastic journey so far. Thankyou wes and nas because otherwise we were fucked.
...... Yes,pvb. No guarantees in football but the future does look bright. We have been run by such incompetents for so long that decline was inevitable. Big clubs such as the Hammers, Everton and Newcastle cannot do more than make up the numbers. Like the aforementioned,we have a massive fan base but astute planning,top coaching and canny buying improve the likelihood of success. Much of that is in place so coupled with the increase of Villa Park capacity load the footballing dice in our favour. Villa are back.

In the end was relegation the best thing for us (as many were saying it would be at the time) ?

Hard to disagree now.

With the relegation for me it was a case of "get it out of the way" the threat of relegation had hung over us since O'Neill left (not blaming him) and Randy decided he did ot want to be a "Soccer Chairman" anymore (I do blame him) although he did turn up for the Cup Final.

Randy decided he did ot want to be a "Soccer Chairman" anymore (I do blame him) although he did turn up for the Cup Final.

Pity none of our players did though. We're lucky Watfords collapse last season will overshadow our awful performance Vs arsenal.

If you'd have told me last summer when all the talk was of administration, financial doom, Jack going to spurs, certain relegation and the possible end of the club that on November 1st 2019 the club's biggest problem would be that our new Brazilian striker had only scored 4 goals in 10 games then I'd have enquired what drugs you were on and if I could have some.

it's been an incredible rollercoaster ride from the big dip, the almighty climb to the incredible rush that we made the journey.
It still blows me away when I read the negative nelies comments when we lose as they think we should be winning the league.Do they not remember 12 months ago when we were under Mr Bruce with no hope of going up?
I just don't worry if we lose to City , Arse or the scousers as we are in my humble holding our own with a squad that 2 months ago, did not know each other.
Quarter finals of a cup, doing well in the hardest league in the world, rich owners who trust an excellent coach, transfer wdw in January already looks like we could bed big spenders again, full houses at Villa park with rumours of taking the capacity to 50,000 .
We are back people.
pinch me and it still feels like as dream.

The thing is, at this stage of the season under Xia we had no idea that his empire was all smoke and mirrors. He was still talking about the Champions League etc.

Are the current guys better than Randy or Xia, I guess that remains to be seen.

The thing is, at this stage of the season under Xia we had no idea that his empire was all smoke and mirrors. He was still talking about the Champions League etc.

I beg to differ BodyButter. From the very beginning he had shister written all over him. Not being wise after the event, check my posts. The very fact that the press were all over him and couldnt substantiate his claims set the alarm bells ringing.

it's been an incredible rollercoaster ride from the big dip, the almighty climb to the incredible rush that we made the journey.
It still blows me away when I read the negative nelies comments when we lose as they think we should be winning the league.Do they not remember 12 months ago when we were under Mr Bruce with no hope of going up?
I just don't worry if we lose to City , Arse or the scousers as we are in my humble holding our own with a squad that 2 months ago, did not know each other.
Quarter finals of a cup, doing well in the hardest league in the world, rich owners who trust an excellent coach, transfer wdw in January already looks like we could bed big spenders again, full houses at Villa park with rumours of taking the capacity to 50,000 .
We are back people.
pinch me and it still feels like as dream.
WOW !!!!!!!!!!

Met them and sort of did already 1968. But also gave the same 'speech' to them I did to Randy and the snake oil salesman, this is a magnificent club, you are very lucky to have it and for the love of all things holy, look after it for us.

But they were left in no doubt we appreciated them coming in at the time they did.

Now we can hope for good things and enjoy the ride. See where we end up.

They are already better for me it's alright saying Randy splashed the cash when he came in yes he did that can't be argued.But that's all he did his hiring and firing and general running of the club was a shambles from day one there was never any rhyme or reason lets face it Tom Fox for ffs weighs Randy's tenure up for me and Xia just took the incompetence to a different level.

Losing to Fulham was the biggest blessing in disguise that ever happened to this club. It was squeaky bum time for a bit in terms of our survival but it’s all played out unbelievably well since.

It was disappointing to lose at Wembley, but imagine if we had have gone up? The Dr would’ve had a cash windfall, Bruce would’ve stayed in a job longer, the Bruce outers like me would’ve had to shut up a bit longer, Scott Hogan would’ve been on our bench coming in and barely getting a touch and we would’ve soon got relegated back to the championship. The North Stand would look a concrete mess and we’d be welcoming Barnsley to VP tomorrow not Liverpool.