The All New Takeover Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

Wow, it seems that new owners might, in fact, be just like buses according to a recent report from France which claims that Aston Villa is ‘ripe’ for a takeover and potentially of interest to Paris Saint-Germain’s owners.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...pe-about-this-report-but-its-not-aston-villa/
Reported by the Torygraph today. Now if they are looking to buy out our current owners they must have some serious wonga. But then money just oozes out of the ground in Qatar.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...uy-championship-club-french-media-make-links/

Qatar has problems with its neighbours; money doesn't solve everything. Besides which, would imagine Sawaris and Edens are quite happy with their investment.

Think the point of the article is stating clubs "like" Villa, Forest etc - not necessarily stating that we are ripe for a takeover. I mean, if you were a billionaire, looking for a club to buy, why wouldn't you want Aston Villa FC, we have got everything including a knowledgeable and witty forum :tophat:

iv been reading about the money villas owners have and its breath taking
Nassef Sawiris, Wesley Edens - £9.2bn only man city and chelsea have more
im thinking if only we can get promoted the skys the limit

You'd think those lads would just pay the fine.

Seriously though, it depends on whether or not they are happy to spend their $9bn on buying footballers. Perhaps they are looking to make money on this investment? Both of them have enough money by themselves to buy us so I wonder why they needed/wanted a partner.

You'd think those lads would just pay the fine.

Seriously though, it depends on whether or not they are happy to spend their $9bn on buying footballers. Perhaps they are looking to make money on this investment? Both of them have enough money by themselves to buy us so I wonder why they needed/wanted a partner.

I think their particular fields of expertise compliment each other BB. It makes us a pretty potent force.

If we do get promoted then I think the plans for progression will be pretty exciting.

I think their particular fields of expertise compliment each other BB. It makes us a pretty potent force.

If we do get promoted then I think the plans for progression will be pretty exciting.
They certainly haven’t brought us to fuck about

The third richest owners, not club. There's a difference, a big one.

They've said they want the club to be sustainable, and I think they mean it. They'll help the club grow, but they won't throw endless streams of cash at it. I think that's good. Don't expect them throwing £50m or more at a single player when we're promoted.

Both of them have enough money by themselves to buy us so I wonder why they needed/wanted a partner.

They were asked this when a few of us went to Bodymoor to meet them. They said they had worked on other businesses/projects together and had worked well. They also said making decisions at the 'top' can be quite a lonely thing, nice to have someone else to talk over options and decide the best way forward.

It was a '2 is company, 3 is a crowd' vibe when we pushed about Xia !

TBH honest would any of the top 6 Sky Boys with the exception of United be where they are without rich owners, even with the sky money. No, they wouldn't

According to Birmingham Mail Wes Edens will be at the game today.

Been following the Bucks a little bit as my fellas into the NBA.... doesn’t seem to be going too badly, in the top 3 or 4 favourites to win the play offs and their best player is contender for the leagues MVP.

Correct me if I am wrong , but this will also dilute Dr Bull's investment as well and he will have next to no influence now.

Yup, it's another one where he automatically loses shareholding because he's not matching their input as far as I'm aware.

No idea what he has left, but after 4 rounds now it can't be much.

It seems his Twitter activity has subsiding matching his shareholding.