The All New Takeover Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

For sure if they didn't believe they could turn a profit somewhere or at least break even and take the kudos they wouldn't be here pvb.

The charges and mortgages go to before RL though in some cases. I can't find specific 'dates' for others though so fail to see why it would be RL but also can't pin it on Xia because there's not the comparable 'original charge' notification at Companies House.

They are both incredibly successful businessmen, they make the likes of Mike Ashley look small fry
They clearly see potential and an opportunity.

Think they bought the club wanting to make a success of it, something which gave them a warm glow, and the Villa infrastructure and history undoubtedly helped.

They won't want to keep funding a failure; they'll demand success, and they've got enough resources not to worry to much about the financial side of it.

I think giving Bruce a chance is fair enough. They'll learn a lot about the business just seeing how it turns out. I think they'll start thinking about where the club should be going and what sort of manager would fit, not to get rid of Bruce, but so that they know their options should they want to change.

I'd hardly say Ashley was a role model here Silhil lol

Yup at worst they'll want break even with the benefit being kudos. The way to raise kudos is obvious.

I wanted Bruce to remain but short of him truly excelling in a way we don't expect, I'd expect us to write this year off - stabilise, put plans in place etc - then early doors next May it's all change.

I never said Mike Ashley was a role model Mike, but more a yardstick , a fat one at that.
The UK's second city has a void for a successful football club and avfc fit the bill perfectly. That's the obvious potential they see they can tap into.

I think the British Royal family and the future king's allegiance may have been something they discussed before making their overall decision:hmmm::grinning:

Last edited:
I never said Mike Ashley was a role model Mike, but more a yardstick , a fat one at that.
The UK's second city has a void for a successful football club and avfc fit the bill perfectly. That's the obvious potential they see they can tap into.
Role Model was the best I could think of and even I knew it was the wrong phrase - my brain didn't extend to yardstick! lol

100% agree though mate.

Role Model was the best I could think of and even I knew it was the wrong phrase - my brain didn't extend to yardstick! lol

100% agree though mate.

Have to congratulate Silhill on using two words that have NEVER been used before to describe Mike Ashley - small and stick... :clap::lol:

It says in the times that we are still skint because we spent all this year’s money already and new owners can’t put any more in

I know they don’t like him up there but compared to some of the foreign owners that have bought stakes in English clubs in recent times (Including us), has mike Ashley really been that bad overall for Newcastle?

Well the Times don't understand FFP then , because we aren't skint and the owners can put money into the club , it just doesn't count towards FFP unless it a creative sponsorship deal.

We are restricted in transfers by FFP if the figures bandied around are right , although we could just ignore them and PAY THE FINE.
Thanks for that sirdennis. Another question, is Andre Green a Villa supporter

Don't ask the Times they wouldn't know lol.

Thanks for that sirdennis. Another question, is Andre Green a Villa supporter

I think so OVB. He's a Brummie boy whose been with the club since he was 9 years old. There's a few villa fans coming through the ranks at the moment. Clark, Suliman, RHM, O'Hare and Corey Taylor are all local lads and villa fans.

Well the Times don't understand FFP then , because we aren't skint and the owners can put money into the club , it just doesn't count towards FFP unless it a creative sponsorship deal.

We are restricted in transfers by FFP if the figures bandied around are right , although we could just ignore them and PAY THE FINE.
Cock off! lol

Talk of an embargo is also crap - the EFL couldn't put us under one at this stage legally. Not that it matters to some who should know better.

I know they don’t like him up there but compared to some of the foreign owners that have bought stakes in English clubs in recent times (Including us), has mike Ashley really been that bad overall for Newcastle?
Look into the figures - I have sympathy for them.