The Cricket Thread | Page 143 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Loved that run chase. Wow. Really have enjoyed these games despite my initial reservations. Far prefer filling my time watching sport when I’m not as active.

we could win this tournament !

Im not really convinced about this seasons hundred, was supposed to be the best players in the world, and i know the pandemic has hit it hard, but i still prefer the IPL for excitement.

Hopefully next seasons will be better, with more big named players, and play it when there isnt a test series on

Im not really convinced about this seasons hundred, was supposed to be the best players in the world, and i know the pandemic has hit it hard, but i still prefer the IPL for excitement.

Hopefully next seasons will be better, with more big named players, and play it when there isnt a test series on
IPL for me is the best one day tourny of them all. But it lacked a bit without the crowds so hoping next years will be pretty much back to normal.

Like others I was a bit sceptical about the 100 but I have enjoyed it. Last night I never expected them to chase down 172.

IPL for me is the best one day tourny of them all. But it lacked a bit without the crowds so hoping next years will be pretty much back to normal.

Yes. Mind you if the original cast list for the 100 had been able to turn up this tournament would have been even better.

Like you say , the crowds make it though.

Yes. Mind you if the original cast list for the 100 had been able to turn up this tournament would have been even better.

Like you say , the crowds make it though.
Do you remember when the IPL first started and the owners were sitting on 3 piece suites on the side of the pitch. Loved it.

A miserable end to the day yesterday for the people who paid good money for the test match and then the ones that went to the 100.

Meanwhile at Edgbaston......

It's Royal London One-Day Cup again today.

The Bears are currently playing Northants. and are 72-2 off 17 overs.

I think a lot of our batsmen are struggling to switch from the one day game back to test cricket.

England currently 132-2 then with Dom Sibley 28 not out.

It's estimated he should get to his half century tomorrow morning..................

Roooooooooooooooot

Centuries don't come much better than that, do they? First in 3 years in England as well.

Strauss earlier said he is one of, if not the, best players for England ever. High praise indeed.