The Cricket Thread | Page 139 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

My only worry about all this shortened versions of the game is that real cricket, the 5 day test version, becomes a casulty.

Years ago I would have said the same but not anymore, I like the short game but there again football is my sport if England were playing a test and a Villa friendly was being played I'd be watching the Villa.
Would be interesting to see how many test match fans actually watch the t20 or the 100 and Visa versa
I know couldn't sit through 5 days of a test even now I have the time, I can watch this short stuff every night

Years ago I would have said the same but not anymore, I like the short game but there again football is my sport if England were playing a test and a Villa friendly was being played I'd be watching the Villa.
Would be interesting to see how many test match fans actually watch the t20 or the 100 and Visa versa
I know couldn't sit through 5 days of a test even now I have the time, I can watch this short stuff every night
The short game has developed its own skills set, I would be the first to aknowledge that, but I believe the test format is just that, the ultimate test of a cricketers ability and concentration.
I can watch the shortened version but dont get the same satisfaction of watching a batsman build an innings, or a bowler digging in for a war of attrition against a batsman that is set for a good innings.

Just been reading that the players and others connected to the 100 having been getting online abuse following the opening games......:shake:....
Was on msn.com cricket 365.

It was fixed. Even Ben Stokes said whats the point of playing on a wicket in a competition like this where a team struggle to make 87.

Well it was a different sort of test for sure , but batters should be able to adapt to the vagaries of the wicket. 87 wasn't a par score , 110- 120 would have been a decent score and Phoenix should have set out to get that .

Well it was a different sort of test for sure , but batters should be able to adapt to the vagaries of the wicket. 87 wasn't a par score , 110- 120 would have been a decent score and Phoenix should have set out to get that .
Yep the women made 113 and they couldn't reach the boundary and they won easily in the end