The Cricket Thread | Page 124 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

I think our press save up bad things to bring out about our sports stars just for when they are representing our country.

I expect some similar revelations for one of of Euro squad on the eve of an important match.

It's as if they want us to win nothing.

Looks like their was some variable bounce and spin in the wicket yesterday. I t will only deteriorate over the next 3 days as it gets drier and drier , so as it should be the first 2-3 days are the best time to bat and then it gets trickier and trickier to bat on. With England batting last they will be wanting a nice lead , but they are still a long way behind.

We all want wickets that last 5 days though.

Ollie Robinson tweets: England debutant apologises for historical racist and sexist posts - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57335528

Ahh the old wait until a 27 year old makes his test debut then spend the day trawling back 8 years on twitter when he was 18 . Then be outraged to make yourselves look good.

Easy solution, don't be a racist, sexist, ****. Then these things won't come back to haunt.

There. Fixed.

Next problem..........

Looking at from a casual cricket fan point of view the England side looks like a reserve team with Root Anderson and Broad added to it?