The Cricket Thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

No test match should last 2 days (more like 1 and 3/4) A combination of a poor wicket which was a 4th day wicket on the 1st day and poor batting have contributed to this , but on the whole it hasn't done Test cricket any favours.

Yes, all in all, they have made it all look shambolic with that pitch and the speed of the game. Embarrassing actually.

Another poor batting display today. Pitch will no doubt deteriorate but not half as bad as the last strip. We just ain’t up to dealing with quality spinners in these kind of conditions. Half the time we’re playing for spin when the ball goes straight on! I was hoping for a good start today to help my mood after the defeat last night...it’s even worse!

Not keen on the team selection today and having an extra batsman has not worked out at all.

Maybe Joe Root fancies himself as the new Murali because the bowling attack looks very ordinary, a lot on the shoulders of Anderson. Still, should last longer than the last match!

Not keen on the team selection today and having an extra batsman has not worked out at all.

Maybe Joe Root fancies himself as the new Murali because the bowling attack looks very ordinary, a lot on the shoulders of Anderson. Still, should last longer than the last match!

Yeah....we may even get to tea on day 3.......!:punk:

Just caught up, shame, we let them run away really having put so much pressure on. Still, at least there is a game on at the moment!

The more I watch cricket the more I'm convinced most of it is in the head when batting, It's one man against one bowler it's the bit that a teammate can not really influence and England with one or two exceptions don't have that mental capacity to deal with India.