The Cricket Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

astonion - 26/5/2015 19:28

Sussex already a man down 16 - 1. A great win for England yesterday and a great test match and well played New Zealand for their part in it.

Sussex 35 - 3 Come on you Bears!

I watched the last hour or so of the test on a stream and for the first time in ages, actually enjoyed seeing England play well in an overall, good test game. :1:

I see The Bears have a T20 bash tonight at Northampton, then County Championship match with Middlesex at Lords starting Sunday.

Was looking forward to the start of the second test against NZ today but looks like no play this morning, its chucking it down.

And on the subject of England, the new coach takes over after this test. What if wants to bring back Kevin Pieterson. Should be very interesting that one.

NZ 297 - 8?...... disappointed to see that after reading your post astonian. We seem to of let them off the hook somewhat......

Pride of Lions - 30/5/2015 02:04

NZ 297 - 8?...... disappointed to see that after reading your post astonian. We seem to of let them off the hook somewhat......

Yeah, dropped catches and one a two good knocks by a couple of their players sort of sums it up. Lot of rain forecast tomorrow so difficult to see a result in this one. Then again I thought the last one was going to be a draw so who knows.

So England lost as expected.

The Bears are doing well but they have lost too much time to the weather so as they enter the last day of the match at 58-2 in their second innings a draw is most likely.

They bowled Middlesex out for 260, a lead of 82, which they have extended to 140.