The Cricket Thread | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

astonion

Vital Squad Member
With the football season now drawing to a close I thought I might start a cricket thread. I know it wont be as interesting as the really interesting threads. So let start it off. Warks have just thrashed Worcs in the latest county championship match by 181 runs. Well done Warks and well done Jeetan Patel who took his first class tally to 500 wickets.

Yes, great win. Seamers did the job in the first innings and Jeets cleaned up in the second.

Plus, Wright and Rankin with a great batting partnership to set up the win.

I'd rather be a bear than a pear!

The only thing the ECB have done right in years is to leave Pieterson out.

Easy win for Warwickshire . Far too good for a poor Worcestershire side.

ECB show that they have absolutely no class. Strauss is a nothing character and typical of the kind of yes man the authorities tend to employ.

Forgive me om a little out of touch with the modern day younger cricketers coming through but Pieterson got too big headed as i seem to recall,,,plus his age??

Not the point, he was lied to by the governing body. He was told to get runs and he would be in with a shout for selection when in fact they were never going to give him another chance. Liars the lot of them, and if they get buttfucked by the Aussies this summer then they will be on the receiving end of the crowds anger.

Colin Graves the incoming chairman shouldn't have opened his mouth , he just stirred it all up.

The players don't like him and don't want him in the team , how can you have a harmonious relationship in the dressing room if he were to be selected. ?

They dont have to, players like Broad are arseholes anyway.Who could get on with that shit? Vaughan has said it all tonight on Radio 5. Shoddy stuff from people who dont really know how to do things right.

I don't like cricket so can't really comment much but just want to make 1 point.

The KP thing.......... when will it fcuking well end? SOOOOOOOO bored of it now. For months, they have just gone on and on and on and on about it, and nothing ever changes.

Just move on for crying out loud. He's not even bleeding English!

sirdennis - 12/5/2015 20:42

Colin Graves the incoming chairman shouldn't have opened his mouth , he just stirred it all up.

The players don't like him and don't want him in the team , how can you have a harmonious relationship in the dressing room if he were to be selected. ?

You dont't have to be friends just be professional. Just look at Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham. Hated each other but part of one of the best teams of all time.

This thing that baffles me is why when we had finally sorted our cricket team out a while back and was winning well then this sh*t happens, its like this country no matter what sport loves drama,,,,bunch of feckin drama queens the lot on ya!!!

blackwood_villa - 14/5/2015 12:53

sirdennis - 12/5/2015 20:42

You dont't have to be friends just be professional. Just look at Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham. Hated each other but part of one of the best teams of all time.

They had respect for each other as players though , something Pieterson didn't have.

Well the Bears have got Durham on the rack at the moment, all out for 185 and following on 101 -3. Could this be Warks year.

Sir Den , I presume, knows many of the stories regarding KP from reliable sources within cricket. I wouldn't pick him either.

It shouldnt matter, Broad is hardly a lovely chap (lets not forget he is behind the fake KP twitter account) but the ECB have no problem with him. Look based on the last ashes series KP should have been dropped. But for cricketing reasons, not this personality bullshit. The ECB just show themselves to be the old farts we all know them to be. The appointment of Strauss just proves how lacking in vision they really are. A more uninspiring character I cannot imagine. He was amazingly lucky to be captain at a time when we had a very good team.