The Cricket Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Utter collapse this morning - disgusting, it's like they think job been done again. Its the beginning of day 3, dig in, hang around, build a lead, dont get out .... but no

Ali and Bairstow woefully out of form in the red ball game. They've been poor for some time at Test level.

And no Sam Curran to dig us out this time around...

Finding it fascinating. Looking forward to watching more of it tomorrow, as today I was out so was just reading it on the phone every now and then.

Any whiff of England winning this is long gone. I expect this to end in a tame draw....... unless England do what England are good at........ collapse.

:arrghh:

Did anyone hear Aggers talking to MJK during the opening ceremony today of the MJK Smith Gates? Sadly MJK couldn't readily recollect the punch line to his wonderful story but he got it eventually - he was recalling the innings he was out as follows:-
MJK Smith c Fiddling b Nutter

Another era, sadly bygone, great memories though.

If we bat all day we will be there or thereabouts.
Well to bat all day has already been done in this match - but to repeat that monumental feat would be nothing short of miraculous. The way some of the wickets were lost in the 1st innings was rather poor - for example Moeen offering no shot and absolutely no foot work [he is way better than that]. Sadly it seems the forecasted showery morning may not materialise. I think the mentality should be , treat it as day one of a 5 day test and just drop anchor and be happy with a goal of batting for way over a days overs. Burns & Roy dug in and they need to continue that mentality, this is attritional cricket, not white ball.

Last edited: