The Cricket Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

May have been said before but what an utter load of bollocks that the Beeb have been outbid for the tours of Sri Lanka and Windies [and God know what else] ... an absolute disgrace that TMS isn't going to be available. Jesus Christ ... the establishment is crumbling and it is NOT good. Do I want to listen cricket on ta**sh*te with ads ... do I ****

What sort of a clown arranges a cricket tour in Sri Lanka in the rainy season. Not one full days play in any of the games so far. Idiots. Thankfully the sun will now shine on AVFC as we storm up the table and finish as champions.

Beyond belief really isn't it?

May have been said before but what an utter load of bollocks that the Beeb have been outbid for the tours of Sri Lanka and Windies [and God know what else] ... an absolute disgrace that TMS isn't going to be available. Jesus Christ ... the establishment is crumbling and it is NOT good. Do I want to listen cricket on ta**sh*te with ads ... do I ****

Yes whilst the home series are untouchable , the overseas series are up for tender from the respective cricket boards , so West Indies (who are broke) and Sri Lanka will not worry whether the BBC get the rights or not.

Need to bat for for more than 90/91 overs in the 1st innings of test match, say 120-130 overs. Of course I expect the usual contradictory comments.

Blimey. That's passed me by. Last time I saw yesterday England were in a spot of bother.

Just seen that they got 342 and then bowled Sri Lanka out for 203.
Now 35-0 In 2nd innings.

Good turn around.

Just been catching up on the test in Sri Lanka.

Very finely poised heading into day 5 - SL 226/7 in their second innings and need 75 to win. England need 3 wickets to claim the series, having taken two important wickets after tea on day 4.

But I will probably NOT be getting up at 4.15am to see what happens - will wait for the highlights at a more civilised hour!

The Test Match starts at 14.00 GMT. and England really should win this series.

Have I ever mentioned that I have seen 2 test matches at The Kensington Oval. ?

Decent day for England in the end - West Indies finish on 264/8, as England take 4 wickets late on with the new ball.

Superb effort from Jimmy Anderson with figures of 24-12-33-4.