The Cricket Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Durham have excelled themselves today. In response to Leicestershire's 321, they were all out for a record CC low score of 61 in their first innings. They followed that up by going all out for 66 in their second! 127/20 - shocking!! :lol:

Sussex have steadied the ship - now 72/3.

Not sure if a dtaw will give Warks enough points to be promoted. Looks like we are going to make Sussex suffer. I cant see a reason to give them a target to go for?

So, as we all expected, The Bears match peters out to a draw.

Bears 440 & 381-3 dec.

Sussex 343-9

This result leaves The Bears and Kent each on 219 pts. Nice play match next as we play Kent in the last match of the season.

Bottom line The Bears are promoted back to were they belong.

Well, I've just got back from March in Cambridgeshire, checked on the score and was well impressed.

Kent 167 all out

Bears currently 52-0.

Yes, great effort by the Bears.

Elsewhere,newly-crowned champions Surrey are attempting to go unbeaten this season. Unfortunately, they were bowled out by Essex for 67 at The Oval. Essex are currently 132/1. I would suggest Surrey may already be on the beach!

What sort of a clown arranges a cricket tour in Sri Lanka in the rainy season. Not one full days play in any of the games so far. Idiots. Thankfully the sun will now shine on AVFC as we storm up the table and finish as champions.