The Cricket Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Northants. finished on 160-7 when bad light stopped play. They lead by 151. Let's hope the weather is good tomorrow, finish them off quickly so the Bears can have a day off.

Dear oh dear. Ireland 5-3 in reply to Pakistan's 310 first innings. Ireland lost three wickets for no runs and they've taken lunch. Not the start they were looking for by any means.

First of the Royal London One-Day Cup matches over 50 overs today. Today we're playing Derbyshire and we're not doing well atm.

Derbyshire are currently 283-3 off 40.4 overs, with 9.2 overs remaining.

Didn't have much time on here yesterday, but while I didn't, I see The Bears won against Yorkshire in their Royal London 50 over Cup match.

Yorkshire 247-9 (50 overs)
Bears 248-5 (45.4 overs)

(y)

The Bears current match in the Royal London 50 over Cup has been rained off with no result. Lancashire managed to get to 50-1 off 8.2 overs before the heavens opened.

I won't say anything about England..................

I said I wouldn't mention England yesterday, but I feel I must.

England are total BOLLOCKS!

England, in their second innings are currently 111-6, still 68 behind Pakistan's first innings score of 363-9. We did manage to get to 184 in our first innings. We won't get that many in our second innings for sure.:clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

That's eleven clowns!

And another shambolic collapse this morning - 4 wickets for 6 runs.

Sky just showed a graphic of England collapses in the past 18 months - there were at least a dozen where they lost multiple wickets for runs in double figures only e.g. 4-16, 7-65, 6-48 etc.

Shocking.

I was trying to avoid the Cricket. It's been a bad weekend all round, and didn't want any more bad news. I'm debating whether to watch the GP or not. Any bets on Hamilton crashing and Vettel winning?

I'm hoping the GP can salvage something Heath!!

Ricciardo to win, Vettel to crash and Hamilton to secure another points finish to extend his record. Verstappen to cut through the field like a hot knife through butter before crashing again!!

The next Royal London 50 over thingy rolls into town on Wednesday. The Bears are due to play Northamptonshire at Edgbaston on Wednesday 30th.

The Bears are up against it in todays' Royal London 50 over Cup bash.

They allowed Durham to amass 299-8 off their 50 overs. The Bears are currently 49-2 off 10.4 overs