The Cricket Thread | Page 152 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

I wouldn't have minded losing if we'd had a go at winning the game. I watched the first 30 mins and our openers never attempted to move the score along.
India turned a defeat into an easy win by having a go, taking the game to the bowlers full deserved their win

We are a t20 team trying to play test cricket. Until we ditch the big time Charlie's like moeen, butler and bsirstow, get a proper wicket keeper and a couple of gritty 'make a fifty without trying to hit it out of the ground every ball' we will just get worse.

If you want a cricketing cheer up, listen to a new podcast on BBC Sounds . TMS special on the 30th anniversary of the Aggers and Johnners ‘leg over‘ commentary .

:rofl::ROFLMAO:

Shame . Was looking forward to this , but these are the times we are living in.

England's fifth Test against India at Old Trafford has been cancelled after a number of the tourists' backroom staff tested positive for Covid-19.

India were unable to field a team because they fear further cases spreading through their squad.
India have forfeited the match, meaning the series is drawn 2-2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

Quite a tough one travelling over Xmas without their families really isn't it. I know they are relatively well paid, professionals, etc but family is family.

Quite a tough one travelling over Xmas without their families really isn't it. I know they are relatively well paid, professionals, etc but family is family.

Yes. There can't be many sports where the players are away for 3 months or more either.

Some time back I think cricket was the sport that had the highest divorce rate.

After yesterday being washed out, The Bears are looking to wrap up victory against Yorkshire today.

The Bears making 155 & 176..... modest totals, but Yorkshire were all out for 108 in their first innings and are currently 117-9 today, so it would appear to be all over bar the shouting as Yorkshire still need 107 to win.

After yesterday being washed out, The Bears are looking to wrap up victory against Yorkshire today.

The Bears making 155 & 176..... modest totals, but Yorkshire were all out for 108 in their first innings and are currently 117-9 today, so it would appear to be all over bar the shouting as Yorkshire still need 107 to win.

UPDATE

Yorkshire 117 all out. Bears win by 106 runs.

Today sees the final round of this years' County Championship commence.

The Bears play out of form Somerset and need to win to stand a chance of winning the Championship. Currently, they are 3.5 points behing the leaders, Hampshire.

Both Lancashire and Nottinghamshire are also in with a shout..... oh here, this will explain it;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58619733